Chapter 62: The Beginning of The Fourth Age

It had been no more than three weeks since the honoring of Frodo and Sam. Today was the day of Aragorn's coronation. I had spent the morning in his room with him helping him get ready. I watched as he nervously paced the floor.

"Aragorn. Brother, calm yourself. You'll be fine, and you will be an incredible King." I say calmly as I take a hold of his arm to stop his pacing. "I'll be up there with you the whole time." I say smiling. He looks at me calming down slightly.

"Thank you, my sister. You've always known what to say when I am going crazy." He says smiling. I laugh and hug him. Someone knocks on the door and walks in.

"It's time." Gandalf says looking at the two of us. I smile and nod.

"Come on then little Brother." I say teasingly and take Aragorn's hand. He rolls his eyes and laughs. We walk out to the courtyard. I let go of his hand after giving it a final squeeze and follow Gandalf to the stairs. I stand to his right and see Gimli standing on the left side. I smile over at my Dwarf friend and he returns it. I look forwards to Gandalf lifting the crown above Aragorn's head and slowly placing it down.

"Now come the days of the King. May they be blessed." Gandalf calls loudly to the people. Aragorn stands and turns to his people.

"This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world... that we may share in the days of peace." He addresses them calmly. Everyone claps. I gaze over the crowd and see Èowyn and Faramir and smile. I sigh peacefully as Aragorn begins to sing softly as he walks down the stairs. "Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta." (Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.) I take in a deep breath of pride for my brother. He finally did it. He was finally King. I along with Gandalf and Gimli follow him down the stairs. We pass Èowyn and Faramir. I smile at them. We also pass Èomer and he sends me a nod in greeting. I smile back at him. Eventually, we come to a group of Elves. Legolas stands at the front and walks forwards. He quickly looks to me over Aragorn's shoulder. I smirk at him. He rests his eyes back on Aragorn and they place a friendly hand on each other's shoulder. "Hannon le." (Thank you.) Aragorn says gently. Legolas then smiles and steps aside to stand with me. This reveals Lord Elrond and Arwen. Both Aragorn and I stand there in shock. Elrond ushers her forward gently. Aragorn takes the banner in her hand and pulls her into a kiss. Everyone cheers and Aragorn pulls her into a hug. Eventually, our small group walks through to a gap in the crowd where our four little hobbits stand. The four of them bow to Aragorn. "My friends! You bow to no one." Aragorn says gently catching their attention. Suddenly Aragorn drops to his knee and kneels before them. Arwen and I immediately follow his lead. Everyone else joins us. I glance up to see the hobbits looking around a little shocked. I quietly chuckle and follow Aragorn as he stands again. "Tonight, we feast, and celebrate our victory." Aragorn says turning to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We will also celebrate both your birthdays since neither of you got to this year." Arwen says to me smiling.

"That's because this meathead dragged me along with him." I say laughing and poking Aragorn's chest. He laughs heartily and wraps an arm around my shoulders as we walk back to our rooms to change for the coronation party. Once Legolas and I had gotten to our room I waited for him to change.

"Are you going to change?" He asks as he finishes the clasps on his robes.

"I will, but I want you to see it when I come down those stairs." I say smiling at him.

"Why can't I see you getting into it?" He asks cheekily as he leans over me on the bed.

"Because you'll get to see it coming off as long as you're good." I say back teasing him just as much.

"I thought we were going to wait until after marriage for that?" He says smirking.

"You said you were, I never said I was." I say pulling him into a kiss.

"Actually, you did promise to wait." He says pulling away slightly.

"Okay, whatever. You better get downstairs before I do something...un-ladylike." I say grinning.

"Wouldn't put it past you to do anything different." He says kissing my cheek before he leaves. After a couple of moments, my maid comes into my room to help me change. Aragorn had assigned her as my maid at my request. I had gotten to know her and wanted her to get good pay.

"Hello, m'lady." She says bowing to me slightly.

"Hello, Izabel." I say happily.

"Are you wearing that nice golden ball gown tonight m'lady? I remember you only got it the other week." She asks excitedly.

"How did you know?" I ask giggling.

"Overheard you talking about it m'lady." She says smiling.

"In that case, get it out my dear so I can put it on." I say laughing a little. Izabel rushes to my cupboard and pulls out the newest dress in my growing collection.

I had some of my clothes sent over from Rivendell and Lothlórien the other day so I had a full stock of everyday dresses and party dresses. Apparently, it wasn't ladylike to be wearing a shirt and trousers everywhere. But I didn't mind all that much, the dresses were beautiful and well made. Izabel walks over and helps me slip into the golden dress.

"There, here's your jewelry m'lady, and the gift for Prince Legolas." She says handing me my necklace, earrings, and the small gift for Legolas.

"Thank you, Izabel. You may go. I'll see you in the courtyard." I say smiling. She bows and leaves with a skip in her step. Tonight, marked three months of me and Legolas being a couple. I wanted to get him something nice. I hold the little box up to my lips and kiss it gently. I smile a little then get up to leave. I walk down the halls as quickly as I can. The sun was going down and it would ruin the effect of my dress if it went down before I got there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress inspo; I do not own this photo: