Chapter 72: The Wedding Of Aragorn And Arwen

The next morning Legolas and I wake up almost at the crack of dawn. The two of us had been selected to help Aragorn and Arwen get ready for their big day. They had slept in separate bedrooms the previous night so as soon as Legolas and I exit our room, we have a quick kiss goodbye and hurry off in separate directions. I make it into Arwen's room just as the sun was starting to come through the window. She was already up and standing by it looking out onto the rolling landscape.

"Beautiful morning, is it not?" I hear her say softly.

"Perfect." I say quietly walking up to her and looping her arm through mine. She was only wearing a soft nightgown as I slowly walked her over to a chair that sat in front of a large mirror. I help her to sit down then walk over to her wardrobe. I gently pull out her gown and lay it neatly on the bed. The servants had already been in to fix it up. I then walk over to a small table that had a few headpieces and the necklace that I was supposed to gift Aragorn placed on it. I choose a headpiece and wander back over to Arwen. She looked nervous; I could see her fiddling with the ring on her finger. "Hey, everything will be fine, I'm gonna make sure of it." I say soothingly placing a hand on her shoulder and giving it a light squeeze.

She places a hand over mine as she looks at me through the mirror and gives me a grateful smile. I smile back then place the headpiece in her lap and go and get her hairbrush from her nightstand. I walk back to her and begin to brush through her hair, removing any tangles from it with ease. I then begin to braid and twist her raven black hair into a beautiful hairstyle. Then I carefully take the hairpiece from her lap and pin it into her hair. She smiles looking at herself before standing and following me to the bed. I pick up her wedding gown and help her to cover herself in it before she slips off her nightgown and pulls her arms through the sleeves. It was in a style that she is accustomed to wearing. But it was made of a pure white fabric that shone almost like a star. The fabric itself had small threads of pure silver woven throughout which helped with the glowing illusion.

As I gaze at my sister in her beautiful dress, a small tear escapes my eye. Arwen smiles at me and softly wipes it away.

"Please don't cry Nymira." She says with a warm smile.

"I'm sorry, you just look so beautiful, and I just can't believe that my big sis is finally getting married." I say laughing a bit. Arwen chuckles too.

"Well, since I'm ready, how about I help you get ready too." She says with another chuckle. I nod and quickly run to my room to grab my dress. I rush back to Arwen's room and shut the door behind me. I turn around and show Arwen my dress. Her eyes grow to twice the size as she stares at it in awe. It was a beautiful floor-length gown that faded from light blue at the shoulder to a dark blue across the torso and hips, to a bright orange at the bottom.

"I was saving it for a special event, and nothing is more special than my sister's wedding day." I say proudly. Arwen smiles and nods in agreement.

"Well, let's get it on and do your hair. We only have a few more hours and we'll be needing to eat something before we go down." She says and she takes the dress and lays it out on the bed just as I had. She then sits me down in the chair in front of the mirror and begins to brush out my hair. She then styles it quickly and I stand up to get changed. Arwen brings me to the foot of the bed and helps me put the dress on. Suddenly a loud bang comes at the door. "Come in." Arwen yells as she does up the last hook on the back of my dress. A guard enters the room.

"We're ready for you, my ladies." He says bowing slightly then leaving. I loot to Arwen, she seemed nervous again.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I'll be there with you the whole time." I say giving her an encouraging smile. She smiles back and nods confidently. Once I had grabbed the necklace for Aragorn we begin to walk to the Tower Hall. As we get to the doors to the hall, we could hear a lot of cheerful and loud talking. I take Arwen's hand as the guards open the door. Suddenly the hall goes quiet, all eyes are on us. I feel Arwen freeze up slightly. I lightly squeeze her hand and we begin to walk into the hall. I catch Legolas sitting with Aragorn at the front table. With them were all the members of the fellowship along with Èomer, Galadriel, Celeborn, Èowyn, Faramir, and Elrond. Two empty seats were left at the table. One directly in between Aragorn and Elrond, and another between Legolas and Gimli.