Chapter 66: A Moment To Relax

As I grab a large shirt from the cupboard (I had stolen one of Aragorn's.) a maid walks through with a bucket of warm water for my bath. Once she had left, I walked into our bathroom to see Legolas, leaning on the edge of the tub. His sleeve was rolled up past his elbow as he checks the temperature of the water.

"Never thought I'd see you doing something like this." I giggle as he stands up abruptly. He smiles as he realizes it's just me.

"Come here. Your bath is ready, and if you're not careful it will get cold." He says pulling me over to help with my dress. Once it had fallen to the floor, Legolas stood behind me, slightly shocked.

"Everything okay?" I ask nervously as I get a little insecure about my large burn scar.

"I didn't realise how beautiful you were." He says still looking at my back.

"Well, take it all in. You'll get more than just a look after we're married." I say cheekily and step towards the bath. I gasp a little as I feel his fingers gently brush over my spine and down to my scar on my hip. The burn ran from my stomach to halfway down my thigh.

"I wish I could've been there for you when you were inflicted with this." He says gently as I feel him press my back to his chest.

"There wouldn't have been anything you could've done. I was healed before anyone else could do anything. The only reason I didn't heal completely, is because dragon fire is the only thing, I'm not immune to." I say quietly and step into the tub. "Now leave me to bath." I say gently. He chuckles and kisses my shoulder.

"Can I have a kiss first?" He asks cheekily grinning at me.

"Close your eyes then." I say back. He does as he's told and I spin around and kiss him. "Now go and wait for me." I say pushing him slightly.

"Take as long as you like meleth nín." (My love.) He murmurs as he steps back a couple of paces then turns and leaves. I smile and grab a few of the small vials of soap. I pour a sweet-smelling liquid into the water and sloosh it around a bit to create bubbles. I spend about half an hour in the warm water, letting the sweet smells surround me in a calming invisible cloud.

"I better get out before I fall asleep." I murmur to myself. I hesitantly stand and run across the floor to grab a towel. Wrapping the soft, white fabric around myself, I pick up my shirt and pull it on. Turning to the door, I walk out to get some underwear. "Hey Leggy? Do you know where my undergarments have gone?" I ask as I search through our things.

"Oh, you mean these?" He asks. I look at him on the bed holding my underwear. A giant grin is plastered on his face.

"Oi, you're not allowed to be handling those yet." I say and run over to the bed. He laughs as I jump on him and snatch my belongings away.

"Sorry vanima, but it was very funny." (beautiful.) He says chuckling. I pull on my item of clothing and scowl at him playfully.

"You," I say pointing an accusing finger "are going to be in serious trouble one day. I'm just praying that our little ones won't inherit your reckless streak. And speaking of, if you ever try to teach them to shield surf, you will get a right royal boot up the arse." I finish and clamber on top of him. He grins mischievously as I pin his hands above his head.

"Don't go planting bad ideas in my head Nymira." He says in a deep voice. His eyes have darkened, and I smirk.

"Only as long as you stop planting your own." I say and lean over him. He smirks at me. Then without warning flips us over.

"What's this? A ranger is caught off her guard?" He teases at my shocked expression.

"You are treading in dangerous waters their pretty boy." I tease right back. I knew that I was stronger than him, but I liked this angle. I could see every beautiful feature of his face. His glowing blue eyes. His sharp jaw. His hair dangling around our heads like a golden waterfall. He truly is the most beautiful creature to ever walk this earth, and I feel so blessed to call him mine.