Chapter 4: Lothlórien Awaits

As I pack food, weapons, and all sorts of things into the packs that the wolves will carry, I look over to the others. I catch Boromir staring at me, and he quickly looks away. As I go to look back at what I'm doing I catch Legolas glaring at the Gondorian man. 'Weird' I think as I go back to what I'm doing. Once I'm done, I whistle over Shadowpaw and his small family so that I can strap them up. As I struggle to do the straps on the bags, a hand goes over mine. I look up to see Aragorn looking down at me. He gently pushes my hands away and does the strap with minimal effort.

"Did you see the way Legolas was glaring at Boromir just now?" I ask him in a hushed tone. All I get in response is a side glance and a smirk. 'Goddammit, Aragorn!' I think as I playfully glare at him. Once we had all packed our supplies, I made sure that I brought plenty of medical provisions just in case, and that the others had all packed plenty of resources as well, we head off in the direction of the center of Lothlórien, Caras Galadhon. We had started later than I would have liked. It was late afternoon by the time we had left my home due to the hobbits begging to have second breakfast before we left on our journey, of course, I complied since I too enjoyed having second breakfast after spending a couple of years in Bilbo's hobbit hole after traveling back with him when we had completed our quest with Thorin's Company.

We were glad that we had the wolves with us, as we shared riding them. I was on Shadowpaw. Legolas was on Rusty along with Boromir who was accompanied by the sleeping wolf pup frost who was snuggled in a large basket that hung over the shoulders of her mother. Gimli was on Stonepelt along with Merry and Pippin, and Aragorn brought up the rear with Frodo and Sam riding on Fang. I had told them to keep their voices down so that the wolves could hear, in case we had un-wanted visitors around. But of course, Gimli had to speak up.

"Stay close young hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell, and are never seen again." I roll my eyes as I hear the Dwarf speak of the Lady Galadriel. I have met her many times. Whether it be for trading purposes or purely being invited to dinner. She was no witch, sure she had powers beyond belief, but they are only used for good. I look behind me and see Frodo looking shocked and anxious. I can tell that Galadriel has spoken to him since I had that exact look when she did it to me the first time.

"Mr. Frodo?" I hear Sam say quietly.

"Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox." Gimli continues until I hear him take in a sharp breath. I turn around again to see our group encircled by Elves with bows drawn. "Oh." I hear Gimli say quietly. I chuckle at his surprise. My gaze snaps to Legolas as I hear his bow being drawn in defense.

"Calm yourself Legolas, they mean us no harm." I say still chuckling. A familiar Elf steps out, and a smile creeps across my face.

"The Dwarf breaths so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." I smirk at him and his little dig at the Dwarf as I hear said Dwarf make a low growling noise.