Chapter 33: Back To The Keep!

"Na Barad!" (To the Keep!) Aragorn yells. I watch as many men and Elves run to the keep.

"Legolas, we should go help." I say quickly. He nods and begins to help usher people towards the keep.

"Na Barad! Haldir! Na Barad!" (Pull back to the Keep! Haldir! To the Keep!) Aragorn yells to Haldir. I see the Elf nod back. He begins to usher his people towards the keep.

"What are you doing? Argh! What are you stopping for!" I hear Gimli yell as he gets pulled back to the keep.

"Haldir!" I hear Aragorn yell. I turn around and gasp as I see Haldir being stabbed in the back by an Orc.

"HALDIR!" I scream turning full fire goddess again. I fly through the army of Orcs, taking off the heads of some with the mithril blades on my wingtips, and come down onto the ground next to my friend. Aragorn just makes it there after me. "Haldir, please, please don't leave me." I say quietly. Tears stream down my face.

"Baw ninna, mell nín Nymira." (Do not cry, my dear Nymira.) Haldir says with his last breath. I cry and scream in anguish as I hold the body of my friend close to me. Aragorn puts a hand on my shoulder comfortingly, but as the Orcs begin to swarm towards us, he starts to usher me up. I glare up at the Orcs as Aragorn pulls on my arm urgently.

"Lat baukavarduk ayh nauk-alpak shal for iav now!" (You bastards are really in for it now!) I say in the ugly black speech of Mordor. I shake Aragorn's hand off my arm as I lay Haldir down. My whole body ignites in flames.

"Nymira?" Aragorn says jumping back in shock. I ignore him. Time suddenly slows down as two massive fireballs ignite in my hands.

"No room avo run. Lat saib'av eukcape. Noav now. Noav from alnej. Lat ukeriouukpak made ij stor miukavake shal killaumn mausan friend. You're ayh goaumn avo nauk-greav avhaav." (No room to run. You can't escape. Not now. Not from me. You seriously made a huge mistake in killing my friend. You're are going to regret that.) I say slowly. The Orcs look shocked that I know their language. I strike down my first kill and then go into a blind rage. I kill every Orc in my path. About fifty lay dead before my feet when I eventually calm down. I regain my head and fly down to the gate.

"Brace the gate!" Gamling yells.

"To the gate! Draw your swords!" Thèoden yells as an Orc punches its arm through one of the holes. I come forward and cut it off.

"We can't hold much longer." Gamling says worriedly.

"Hold them!" Thèoden yells.

"How long do you need?" Aragorn says stepping towards the King.

"As long as you can give me!" Thèoden replies.

"Nymira, go find Legolas." Aragorn yells. I nod and turn to fly off when I see the Dwarf. I nod to him in greeting.

"Gimli!" Aragorn yells. Gimli returns my gesture before following Aragorn. They disappear through a small side door as I fly off to find my Prince. I find Legolas fighting furiously.

"Nymira, where in Arda did you go?!" He yells as I land beside him.

"Haldir was killed." I say sternly as I stab an Orc through the face.

"Go find Aragorn and Gimli, I have this handled." He says kissing my temple quickly before diving back into battle. I roll my eyes and fly off to find Aragorn and Gimli.

"Come on. We can take 'em!" I hear Gimli say as I fly close to where he is. I drop down close to them.

"Hey. Need help?" I ask politely.

"There's enough there for the three of us. Why not?" Gimli says cheerily. I look to the gap.

"Sure, you can make that jump?" I ask the Dwarf wearily.

"It's a long way." Aragorn says confirming my slight worry. Gimli looks at the gap then leans back.

"Toss me." He says quickly.

"What?" Aragorn asks as though he misheard the request.

"I cannot jump the distance so you have to toss me." Gimli says. I laugh at the thought of Gimli flying through the air after being tossed. Aragorn rolls his eyes at me then readies himself.

"Eh...Don't tell the Elf." Gimli says quickly looking at both of us.

"Not a word." Aragorn says smirking slightly.

"No promises here." I say still laughing. Aragorn then hurls the Dwarf over the gap.

"You could've helped." He says leaping the gap with me right behind him.

"I'm sorry, but it was too funny for me to intervene, and to watch a dwarf go flying through the air." I say, still continuing my uncontrollable laughing fit as we start to hack the Orcs apart. I set the edge of my blades alight and slice through the Orcs. The fiery edge of the blade stopped most of the blood splatter.

"Shore up the door!" I hear Thèoden shout from the other side of the gate as Aragorn, Gimli and I push back the Orcs.

"Gimli! Aragorn! Nymira! Get out of there!" Thèoden yells.

"Aragorn!" Legolas yells from above us and chucks down a rope. Aragorn jumps on it with Gimli. I fly to the top of the wall and help Legolas drag them up. Once Gimli and Aragorn are safe, Legolas then swings around and shoots at a chain holding a new ladder to the wall. It snaps. The ladder then falls and crushes some of the Orcs below.

"Pull everybody back. Pull them back!" I hear Thèoden yell.

"Fall back! Fall back!" Gamling yells.

"They have broken through. The castle is breached! Retreat!" Thèoden booms.

"Fall back! Retreat! Retreat!" Gamling yells out. We begin to fall back, ushering others along with us.