Chapter 77: The Marriage of Éowyn and Faramir

The servants about the hall quickly began to busy themselves with getting more drink for the guests as Éowyn and Faramir walked together to the centre of the hall, shortly followed by Éomer. Once everyone was in place, and had a good view, Faramir took Éowyn's hands in his, and the two gently smiled at one another. Then Éomer binds their hands with a ribbon made of a fine silk, to symbolise the binding of Éowyn and Faramir.

"By my right as King, and with all the men, women and children of all races, who are gathered here to bear witness to this blessed union, I pronounce thee, man and wife, and Prince and Princess of Ithillien!" Éomer proclaims loudly to all in attendance. The hall erupts in cheers as Éowyn and Faramir kiss. "And now the bond of friendship between Rohan and Gondor has been made all the stronger, and so I rejoice even more." Éomer says turning to Aragorn.

"As do I, for you have gifted Gondor with the fairest thing in your realm." Aragorn replies with a soft smile. Éomer smiles also and we all take a seat as the feast continues to celebrate Éowyn and Faramir's union. The festivities continue well into the early hours of the morning, and a lot of good food and drink is consumed by all members of the congregation.

Eventually the time came for the festivities to end. The attendees were shuffling off to their beds, and we were all feeling quite tired and satisfied. Those who came to the lands of Rohan from Gondor, Lórien and Rivendell began to make preparations to depart from Edoras. Éomer approached me after saying his goodbyes to Aragorn, and gave me an almost rib collapsing hug. I chuckle and hug him back just as hard.

"I shall be sad to see you departing these halls once again Nymira. You are very dear to Éowyn and I, and we have always thought of you as our sister. I wish you a safe passage back to the lands of Lórien and to your soon to be shared home with you fiancé." He says before pecking my cheek and giving me another hug.

"I'll miss you as well Éomer. I promise to come and visit you as often as I can. Aragorn will probably be wanting me to pass information to you and vis versa from time to time so I'll pop around every now and again." I say with a little chuckle before we break our hug. We softly smile to each other before going and saying our goodbyes to the others who will be departing from our company.

I wander over to Arwen seeing her keeping slightly to the outskirts of the group.

"Arwen? Is there something wrong?" I ask gently, taking one of her hands in my own. She suddenly snaps out of the slight daze she was in and smiles at me.

"Nothing at all Nymira. I was just waiting to speak with you. I wanted you to know first that I shall not be traveling with our company. My father and I wish to talk for a while and we felt it better if it were away from a large crowd." She says calmly. I nod in agreement.

"Right, that's a good idea. I'll see you again when I next visit Gondor though, won't I?" I ask, a twinge of worry slipping into my thoughts.

"Of course. And I expect you to keep an eye on my unruly husband while I'm not around." Arwen replies.

"Well, who else is going to keep him in line?" I say with a bright smile. At that Arwen chuckles and gives my hands a small squeese. "Anyway, I'll be seeing you at my wedding next year, so I'll be coming around to see you to get your dress sorted out before then." I say, still smiling. Arwen agrees and the two of us talk together for a little while longer before quickly saying our final goodbyes as Aragorn walks over. I eventually make it to Éowyn, who is standing with Faramir.

"Hello you two." I say in a very bubbly tone. Éowyn laughs and gives me a tight hug.

"Oh Nym. We're supposed to be saying goodbye." She says with a soft chuckle.