Chapter 2: Shinso's Train Ride

A/N:Not sure if people will read this but still enjoy!

Trigger warning: bullying. Read safely <3

Hitoshi shinso POV

   Another sleepless night. It's normal for me to not rest well but still, I had a rough night. I'm not one to get excited, but the UA entrance exam is today. And I have everything ready. My dad helped me practice my quirk a bit and my mom kept me up to date on hero laws that might be on the written exam. That's a lot for them.

   My moms a special victim quirk lawyer, basically she handles cases where people used their quirks for abuse or manipulation. My dad has a full time job at an elderly and quirkless housing shelter. It is where quirkless and old people go to 'be safe from harm'. Normally neither of them have time for me. I'm grateful they could help me before the exam.

   I don't have time to think of that now though. I step off the platform and on to the train. Everything is behind me. I'm heading to UA high school. I don't have to worry about having a villainous quirk, or scary features. I just need to look ahead.

"Hey! Look guys, it's Shinso!"

The voice was cold and unforgiving. I hated that I knew who it belonged to.

"Gee, are you here to brainwash the train conductor and hold us all hostage? Hehe" That damn laugh.

"Look what he's got in his arms guys!" His voice rings in my head.

They glance at my hands that are holding a folder and a few books along with a slip to get into the UA gates.

'Shit'

"Oh Hitoshi, don't tell me you think a villain like you will get in UA?"

"Dude they would arrest someone like you on sight!" He cackled and my body shook with each word.

   I held my books tighter in my arms and walked towards the back of the train cart. As far from them as I could get. They all just sort of stared at me before one of those idiots burst into laughter. I took out my phone and plugged in my ear buds.

'Idiots, what they say doesn't matter. I'm better than a stereotype. I'm not a villain'

   The train stops at one of the stations along the way to UA and a few people get off and on. A boy with curly green hair sat down in the seats in front of me, at the very back of the train cart. He looked tired and worried. He sat his head along the wall of the cart and his eyes just shut. I didn't mean to stare but I noticed he had a UA entrance slip too. I could see the top of it and the first bits of information. His name was covered by his sleeping hand but the rest was clear.

AGE: 15

PARENT/GUARDIAN: n/a

QUIRK: quirkless

'Quirkless? How does this kid plan on getting into the hero course? And the parental area is n/a? What's up with this kid, is he hoping to get his dream crushed? Delusional maybe...'

I shook my head. I shouldn't think about that stuff, it's rude. Maybe he's just trying for the hero course for fun and really wants to be in the support or business course. I tried to stop thinking about him but I really let curiosity get the best of me. And glanced back towards him and his paper.

PERMISSION SLIP FOR SUPPORT ITEM USAGE: Granted use of two 5 inch knives, a Swiss Army knife, and hand grip bindings

'What the hell is up with this guy?!? Knives!? He sounds more like a villain than me!'

   I looked away disgusted at what I was thinking. I'm just as bad as those three jerks. Why am I like this?

   The train finally made it to the station I was meant to get off but the green haired kid was still asleep. I knew he was supposed to get off here and head to UA but he was resting peacefully. I needed to wake him up quickly.

"Hey, kid you're heading to UA right? This is the station." I nudged him.

"Hm? O-oh! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I totally passed out. I'm sorry I didn't mean to burden you with waking me up, really I'm sorry!" He spoke really quickly, it was almost scary.

We both stepped off the train.

"How did you know I was going to UA?" He looked nervously at me like he was in trouble or something.

"The papers in your hand, that's the same form I had to fill out." I gave him a smirk.

"Ah! Oh okay that-that makes sense. Sorry for troubling you."

"It's fine." I noticed his arms, somehow I missed them while snooping on the train. He was RIPPED. Totally buff! Insane such a timid quirkless kid could be jacked!

"Hey there's our villain! And look he's with... Deku?!? Bahahaha of course!" It was those asses again, they were yelling across the whole station! Who the heck is deku?

I turned to the green haired kid who looked a bit panicked. He swallowed and looked like if you even spoke to him he would break down.

"Shinsooooo! You didn't tell us you knew deku!" The two boys cackled behind her, who was pointing at the green haired kid.

'Is his name deku? Who named their kid deku? Wait... that's probably just what those jerks are calling him. God what children. They should seriously grow up.'

"O-oh hey guys it's b-been a while! I haven't seen you g-guys since e-elementary school, h-have I?" He shakes violently and looks ready to run.

"Come off it deku! Are you trying for UA too? What did you want to make the other kid waste their time having to save you?" One of the boys came close and shoved 'deku' to the floor.

"S-st-stop..." he was practically whispering.

"Speak up you creep! Or are you so useless you can't even speak."

He spun his legs underneath the boy and he smacked the floor hard. 'Deku' stood up and took his books.

"S-sorry."

And then he walked away.

I head after him, at a distance not to be associated with but still I couldn't shake the feeling I should talk to him again. But I can't, it feels wrong. I'm still glad I watched him beat some common sense into that jerk.

I hope we make it into UA, then maybe it'll be less weird for us to speak to each other.

A/N: ok this one is way shorter but still! This chapter is 1127 words! <3