Chapter 39: A Return to Normal!

A/N: Back on my writing grind! Time for some much needed fluff, I mean seriously at this point I should call the fic "Speed running PTSD". Anyways let's enjoy a break from the normal junk and get right to! Next big arc is the licensing exam. Also in case it wasn't clear, Izuku's Dad is Hizashi and his Papa is Shouta. (His birth father is Hisashi)

Izuku POV:

   My dads came to pick me up from the hospital. Papa brought me a change of clothes, I couldn't get back into my costume that I was wearing before because it was covered in blood and torn. So Papa brought me a pair of shorts that came to my knees, one of my gym shirts, and my navy All Might hoodie. I slipped them on when Dad was doing some paperwork for the doctors.

"Ready Izu?" Papa runs a hand through my hair.

"Yeah." I smile up to him. My throat hurts a little so I keep my voice quieter.

"Okay! Let's head home." Dad sings, walking to the car with a small white bag in his hands.

'That must be my medication... I hope it didn't cost too much.'

   We hop in the car and Dad drives us home. Papa tells me about some stuff that happened and how the cats were. If I'm honest I missed Mocha, Espresso, and Cappuccino a lot. I knew they would be fine, I just missed their comforting purrs and meowing.

   Dad turns onto the street where our house lives and a wave of ease flows over me. Just seeing familiar sights makes me feel like I'm really back and not in that metal chair. I'm not in the dirty bar, I'm home. I don't have to be afraid.

'Why am I still afraid?'

   The car pulls into our driveway. Dad turns the keys and it's engine stops. We sit in the car before Papa gets out of his side of the car, then I follow, and Dad. Papa holds my hand and we walk to the door. It clicks open and I smile beyond control at the sight of the cats who come running to me.

"They missed you." Papa says, kneeling next to me.

"Sorry to keep you worried." I whisper, petting each of the cats as they walk by.

"Okay Listener, are you hungry? Do you need anything? You must be starved! I'll make us some lunch." Dad smiles. He looked so happy I couldn't say no to him.

"Right." I smile up at Dad.

   Dad skips to the kitchen and puts something onto the stove. Papa takes me to the couch and we sit next to each other. He squeezes me with a hug and I listen to the peace around me. Dad sings in the kitchen, Espresso purrs in my eye, Cappuccino and Mocha wrestle, Papa holds me.

'I'm home and I'm safe.' I repeat the phrase in my head like I'm lying to myself, but it's true. I'm home and everything that happened is over.

"School's not going to start back up until next next week. This week and the next we'll have off. What do you wanna do?" Papa asks me.

"I'm not sure... three whole weeks? That's a lot of time. I'm not sure if I can even think of enough things to do." I ponder.

"Is there a movie you want to see? Or maybe a sport or hobby you want to try?" Papa ruffles my hair.

"Well... there is this one thing I've wanted to try, but it dumb, never mind." I mutter.

"It's not dumb, you can tell me! Anything Izu, I mean it." He smiles.

"Well, I want to try knitting, but it for old people and it dumb so it doesn't matter!" I blush.

"Knitting isn't dumb. Singing and cooking, a little dumb, but knitting? That's useful and cool!" Papa smirks.