Chapter 56: His Quirk Connection and a Run Against the Clock! (Part 3)

A/N: 3rd part of the Shie Hassaikai battle. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Also leave any comments or notes that you please. Happy reading!

3rd person POV:

Deku fires two shots with his gun. One towards Overhaul and another to the ceiling. The first one was bait, a distraction to make Overhaul attack again. The second shot hit an unstable part of the ceiling. It hangs over the wall of spikes that separates Eraserhead and Sir Nighteye from the fight.

'It's a long shot but if I can free them I might be able to run with Eri! Papa and Sir need my help. I need their help.' Deku thinks as he runs from another attack, still cradling Eri.

Within the same moment the weak support beam on the ceiling came crashing down on the wall and made Overhaul lose focus. Deku looks at the opportunity in front of him and runs. He felt bad for leaving the others but he knew he had to get Eri out of harm's way. That's why they did all of this, to save Eri.

"Hold on tight. I promise that everything is okay. Chisaki can't hurt you anymore." Deku whispers as he rocks Eri.

"But the others..." Eri sobs.

"They're okay. I know they will be. So don't worry Eri, they're heroes and they know what they're doing." Deku smiles at Eri.

"But it's my fault they'll die..." Eri cries.

"No one is dying and none of this is your fault. You're fantastic Eri, no matter what Chisaki said. He was wrong." Deku bolts down the hallway, looking for an exit.

"I-" Eri started to speak but she was cut off by Overhaul's voice. But it was different. He had merged with Nemoto.

"Do two worthless things like you think you can run? Do you really want their blood to be on your hands? Now come back here. Before I have to get my hands dirty." Overhaul's voice echoes down the hall and causes Eri to sob.

"No! I-I can't let th-them die. I'm sorry." Eri tries to wiggle away from Deku's grasp but he holds her tight.

"Eri, I understand how you feel. We can't go back. I have to protect you and I know they can take care of themselves. Please Eri, trust me. I want to help you!" Deku looks at Eri.

"I- please don't let them die, hero." Eri hugs Deku's chest and cries what they hope is the last of her tears.

"I promise. Everything will be okay." Deku gives her a smile.

'Please let everything be alright!' Deku's mind cries.

———

Hitoshi uses his binding scarf to pull himself over the spike attack while Lemillion uses his quirk to blast them away. Now that Lemillion doesn't have permeation, nothing is holding back One for All.

'This power. It's stronger than before, stronger than it's ever been!' Lemillion's mind races as he smashes through another attack.

"Don't you get it Eri? I'm going to kill them and it will be your fault!" Overhaul shouts, using Nemoto's quirk.

"I WON'T LET ANYONE DIE!" Lemillion shouts and a new power appears.

"What-" Lemillion stutters as he struggles to control Blackwhip.

The new power sweeps the spikes right off the floor and demolishes any new attack Overhaul attempt. It blasts around the room while Lemillion struggles to control the new found power.

'Get control Mirio! I know that I can do this. I have to save them!' Lemillion straightens his back and pulls his arm back and the power fizzles back into his hands.