Chapter 7:  Acceptance and Adoption

A/N: Hi! I'm hoping to write longer chapters now but it might take me a bit to put them out. So let me know what you prefer. Short chapters that are put out frequently or long chapters that take more time. Anyways enjoy reading! And remember you matter. <3

Trigger warning: scars, break downs happy reading!

Izuku POV:

   I must have fallen back asleep because when I woke up it was bright outside. I'm glad I didn't have another nightmare, for Recovery girl's sake. I can hear lots of people out in the hall, so it's probably late in the morning.

"Ah, glad to see you awake!" Recovery girl shuffled into the room, clipboard in hand.

"You slept for quite awhile but it looked like you needed it, so I didn't wake you."

"Oh, sorry I don't normally sleep in..." I'm practically whispering but if I don't apologize she might get mad with me.

"Oh Oh! Nothing to apologize for dear, and you did sleep in quite a bit more than normal. You slept for two days straight." She gave a giggle.

"T-two days? B-but I was meant to leave, t-hat means you kept taking care of me even though I didn't need it. I-" I hyperventilate a bit.

'I stayed here and made her work. Just before the school year starts. She should have been home but she was here watching me sleep. I'm such an idiot!'

"Midoriya, there is nothing for you to worry about. It's okay. I was going to be at the school anyways, not to mention you seemed greatly sleep deprived. You needed a good rest. I was very happy to give it to you." She comes towards me and lays a hand on my leg.

"I think someone would like to see you though. If you're up for it. She looks at me and our gazes meet.

"I-I yeah okay, and thank you for taking care of me." I try to speak slowly to regain my breath and figure out who would want to see me.

"Alright then dear, you're very welcome. And try to take it easy, for me?" She starts to walk to the door.

"Right."

   She opens the door with a smile and takes her leave. Earserhead walks into the room with an envelope in his hand. 'What's he doing with an envelope?'

"Hey kid, glad to see you finally got some rest." He looks at me as if he's waiting for my response.

"I- oh yeah... I did get some rest" I tried to laugh but it came out kind of broken and sounded more like a whimper. My back was still in a decent amount of pain.

The room was filled with an awkward silence that desperately needed to be broken. Apparently I'm all lucky today because Present Mic enters the room being the normal loud self.

"Hey little listener! Hey Sho!" He's just talking but his voice takes over the quiet room.

"Mh, Mic. Anyways, Midoriya, this is for you." Earserhead hands me the envelope.

"It's not hard taking the scores from the students. The real trick is getting them mailed out at the same time. Since you're here I might as well give it to you." Earserhead sounds monotone as ever.

'This is my letter from UA...' I look at the envelope before staging my finger under the fold. It tears slowly open. And out came a disk?

The disk displays a hologram of All Might.

"HELLO YOUNG MIDORIYA! I AM HERE IN HOLOGRAPHIC FORM TO TELL YOU ABOUT UA! I bet you got very excited waiting to hear this and I'm sure that you'll be glad to know you scored fantastically in the written and physical exam! A score high enough to be accepted into the hero course!"