Medusoid Mycelium (Sanders Sides/Analogical & Royality)

Warnings: kidnapping, death, plot twists, not a happy ending

Art is by @ drawsashleigh on insta

~~~~~~

"Okay, we'll go. But not right now." Logan furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean, Virgil?" Roman scoffed, "He's keeping something from us, Logan. He probably doesn't even want to get the sugar bowl. I knew we couldn't trust him." Patton came into the room. "Roman, I understand what you must be thinking right now but trust me when I say that my brother isn't turning against you or the organization. Virgil doesn't want to see you get hurt; especially with your baby brother, Thomas." Patton said, wrapping an arm around Virgil's shoulder.

"You've been through so much already, Sanders. Going down there would be worse than anything you've ever encountered before, trust me." Virgil said. "There is a certain type of mushroom that waxes and wanes in the area of the sugar bowl. It's called the Medusoid Mycelium. It is highly deadly and dangerous. It it touches you or even gets near you, it'll be very unpleasant. It starts sprouting in your throat and makes it difficult to breathe. Then you die." Logan looked at Roman, then at Virgil. "I'm sure my brother understands, as well as I do, why you are concerned for us, Picanis. However, we need to get this sugar bowl. Our lives depend on it, literally." Patton looked at Roman worriedly.

"Roman, can I talk with you for a sec?" Patton asked.

Roman's POV

"Patton, I know you guys are worried but we really need to do th-" He cut me off with a hug. "I know I can't stop you guys. I just want you to stay safe, and please come back." He whispered. I hugged him back, "We will."

Logan's POV

As soon as Roman and Patton left the room, Virgil walked closer to me, "If anything goes wrong, promise me you will come back here immediately. You've all been through a lot and so have Patton and I, believe it or not. We lost our brother, Emile, and our parents in a fire, we were kidnapped, we were almost burned alive and drowned. I'm sure you guys have been through much worse but Patton is very emotional. If one more bad thing happens, especially to you guys, he'll never be the same again." I looked down at him. "What about you?" I ask. He looks away, "I'm always this way, as Roman so graciously pointed out. But if you leave me, I don't know what'll happen to me."

I looked at Virgil's lips as we both leaned in closer but we were interrupted by Roman and Patton. "Oh God, here comes the squealing." Virgil mumbles walking back to the map. Patton, almost as if on cue, started squealing. "Oh my- Virgil! I'm so happy for you!" Roman smirked, "Yes it is endearing to see my nerd of a brother finally find emotions. Patton- Wait, are you crying?" Patton shakily sighed and started fanning his eyes dramatically, "Sorry, it's just so nice to see Virgil so happy." Virgil chuckled and shook his head.

~~~~~Time Skip from the Vainglorious Faineant Dummy you call an author~~~~~~~

Roman's POV

"You promise you'll come back, right?" Patton asked me. I sighed with a nervous smile, "I promise. A prince never breaks a promise, especially a royal one." Patton giggled and gave me a peck on the cheek. When he pulled back, we were both blushing messes. "S-See you soon, Pat." I stuttered.

Logan's POV

"Stay safe. If you die...just don't, 'kay?" Virgil asked. I smiled and looked into his eyes. "If anything terribly unfortunate should happen to Roman and I, please take care of yourselves and Thomas. We don't want anything bad to happen to you. Er, you guys, I mean. As in all of you. Not just you specifically because that would be we-" He cut me off with a finger to my lips then he gave me a short kiss. "Think of it as an incentive. If you come back, there'll be another one of those in store for you." He said with a wink and a smirk. I cleared my throat, "U-Uh, of c-course."

~~~~Another Time Skip that you, as a viewer and a reader, are most likely tired of by now. All I can tell you is that in the time between their goodbyes and now, something terribly unfortunate happened. Thomas, Roman, and Logan never returned to that submarine and Virgil found out what would become of him should Logan and his brothers never return. I'll skip the details so this unfortunate series of events that spiraled from that last moment will not be retold to you at this moment.~~~~~~~~

3rd POV

Patton now lives alone in his submarine and he carries items that remind him of the other four boys that left his life in tragic ways. Life. The word seems almost ironic to Patton. They left his life to meet their demise. A word which here means a person's death. Sometimes he swears he can hear the sub door open and just for a moment, he believes Virgil has come back. Roman too. Perhaps Logan is there. Maybe even Thomas. But every time he checks, it's empty. And every time, he makes his way back to where he previously was and wishes the sugar bowl never existed. He wishes the medusoid mycelium didn't exist. He wishes the Sanders' lives could've been better. He wishes his and Virgil's lives had been better. He wishes these events had never spiraled into his lap and killed his brother and parents. But he has to live the rest of his life with this burden. A word which here means a particularly heavy load, used in the figurative sense.

~~~~~~~~

MAH LAWD. I can see why the writers of the ASOUE movie, tv show, and book enjoyed this so much. This chapter may be bad but the writing style is so much fun AAHHHHH Hope you enjoyed!!

2/19/19