Your Choice (Ralph Dibny x Male Reader)

Ralph's POV

"How long does it take to find someone? Isn't he dripping with black matter?" Cisco rolled his eyes. "It's dark matter and yes. But, because of certain people in certain unforeseen events, he knows we are on his trail so he is now covering up his tracks." He looked at the man on the other side of the room.

"L-Look, I d-didn't mean to-" Cisco cut him off, "Of course you "didn't mean to". Look, just go back home before you ruin something else. I told Barry you were too scared for the job." Y/n looked away, shamefully, as tears filled his eyes. He then walked out of the room with an attitude that was opposite of his usual peppy demeanor. "Hey, Cisco, don't be so harsh on the kid. It wasn't his fault that we didn't catch the guy. If anything, it was probably more my fault-"

Cisco turned around and sighed, "Ralph, I understand that I may have been a little to harsh but I was not completely out of line. He still screwed up and now we can't find Mick." I scoffed, "I thought you were all about friendship and forgiveness. When you realize that Y/n is just a kid and did the best he could, you can come talk to me."

I walked through the halls, trying to find any sign that I was getting closer to Y/n. I heard sniffling coming from the lab and immediately walked into the room. Once he noticed me, Y/n quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and plastered on a fake smile.

"R-Ralph? W-What are you doing here?" I winced slightly at the roughness in his usual bubbly voice. "Kid, I understand, you were just nervous. It wasn't your fault."

He sighed and once again his face was droopy, "No, that's not it. Ralph, I-I have, um, two powers. One is like a burst of positivity. A-And the other..." I sit down next to him. "I-It, uh, kills people in an instant. While it sounds cool, I don't want to kill anyone. That's why I didn't tell you or Cisco or anyone else about it. I only told Barry. But he put me into this mess, thinking I'd give in eventually but there's nothing to give in to. I just- I don't know what to do. I want to stay here, but I want to leave at the same time. I just feel so out of place here."

I sighed, "I don't know what to tell ya, kid. On one hand, you don't have to kill anyone but we might not ever see you again. And on the other, we get to see you everyday, but you'll be forced to do what you don't want to. I just don't know why Cisco was acting like such a jerk. He's usually the understanding one between us, not me. Maybe he had one too many Dibni-ritas last night." A giggle emitted from the young boy.

I smiled, "It's your choice. Whatever you think is the best option. As long as you know what's best for you and only you. If you feel uncomfortable here, go ahead and leave. If you want to stay and help us out here, terrific. Welcome aboard. When I joined them, I had no clue what would happen. I just knew there was something pulling me here. Had I declined Barry's offer, I'd probably be long dead by now."

time skip bc I'm kinda out of ideas for this specific chapter so :p~

 "So, how'd you get Y/n to stay?" Barry asked me. I squinted my eyes suspiciously, "Whoever said he was leaving?" Barry chuckled, "Cisco's been apologizing for it all day, I kind of got the idea." I nodded. "Right. Well, I just told him it could go one way or another and that whichever way he goes that he should follow his heart and what he feels is right." Barry nodded, "And none of this has to do with the fact that you like him?" Barry asked. My eyes widened, "Allen, please, he's younger than me." Barry smirked, "He's 35. He's not that much younger." I glared at him, "Okay, okay, will you stop trying to play cupid? He's my friend and that's it. Nothing to read into." Iris came over, just barely hearing my last few sentences. "Sure he is. Once you see what we can see, we'll be waiting with wedding plans." I rolled my eyes as they chuckled.

~~~~

Well, well, well. I finally finished this. And I kinda like the ending but I had to do research for it and I got MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FLASH I JUST CAN'T, WHY DOES THE INTERNET HAVE TO BE CRUEL?!