Break (Peter Parker x Male!OC)

did this instead of my hw, this has been on my mind for a while now, it was supposed to be darker than this but i got carried away :3  umm i envisioned this as tom's peter especially bc of the avengers and tony but can be any universe, i'm so unoriginal with my ocs 😭 dawg's name is HAWK bc he flies

NAH THIS IS SO FOUL I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY THIRD PETER FIC IN A ROW 💀 who was gonna tell me i have a dangerous hyperfixation on spiderman (i type as i sit on my spiderman bedsheets in my spiderman t-shirt)

also considering doing an angsty fic in this universe

word count: 4814

tw// ermm some cussing and fighting?, crying, that's it :3

~~~~

Hawk sighs as Spider-Man squats on the ledge, patrolling the neighborhood even now on their date. Reaching over to grab a handful of the grapes he packed, Hawk makes no physical move from his comfortable position lying on the roof to stop his superhero boyfriend. "You wanna give it a rest, Spidey? Come relax with me." He pops a few grapes into his mouth.

Spider-Man shakes his head. "That day break yesterday might've been too long. I need to make sure everything's okay."

"Well you've been "making sure" for about an hour and nothing's broken yet." After receiving no response, Hawk scoffs. "At least partake in some of the food I painstakingly gathered, prepared, and packed for tonight." He jokingly gestures to the single bag of grapes he brought. "Don't forget I suggested we do this date at 6 but you're the one who wanted to take care of all of Queens first." He jovially comments.

Letting his head drop down, Spider-Man slowly stands up and makes his way over to his boyfriend, lying right beside him. "You're right. I'm sorry, I just hate not being there for everyone. They depend on me."

"I know. You're a good person, that's why I love you. But you need to take care of yourself. Yesterday was necessary for you, Queens can survive without Spider-Man for one day." Hawk grabs Spider-Man's hand and smiles. Although he could never see past his boyfriend's red mask and big plastic white eyes, he often imagined what he looked like underneath and imagined in moments like these he was smiling warmly back at him.

Spider-Man was a stickler for the rules — the made up rules of being a hero, that is. No names, no faces, no identifying information. When Hawk suggested exchanging phone numbers, Spider-Man all but freaked out on him, going on about hero anonymity. Hawk personally believed he should know something about the guy he would be dating and kissing but he adored Spider-Man and would go along with anything he asked — even if he was weirdly obsessed with keeping his hero and citizen lives separate.

"Queens can but Stark would never let me. I'm lucky he didn't call me yesterday but he would definitely notice if I missed another day." Spider-Man rants, rolling his mask just above his nose and grabbing some grapes to munch on.

"He should let you have a break. I guarantee you he wouldn't have been as responsible a hero as you are at your age. I don't know why he always expects more from you." Hawk never particularly liked Tony Stark — actually he was one of the many people who inspired his vigilantism work against corrupt politicians and unethical billionaires. In a way, he should be grateful for Tony Stark as he catapulted Spider-Man's reputation to make him a more legitimate hero and also motivated Hawk to pursue his mission against corruption — without which, Spider-Man and Hawk never would have fought and eventually dated each other. But one main point of discontent was his constant push to overwork Spidey or scold him.

Spider-Man shakes his head, "He just wants me to be the best I can be, he wants me to do the right thing now instead of trying to fix everything when I'm older like he did. He does care about me, he just wants me to be responsible."