Stay for tea / pt1

~

"Blythe! wake up, you're late!"

I groaned, quietly sitting up in my bed, "what time is it bash?" I said, looking around for my socks.

"time for you to pick anne up, the train is leaving in an hour."

shit

"don't worry blythe, I already made breakfast." Bash said peaking his head into my room.

I scratched my head and quickly got out of bed. I put on some clothes and tried to make my hair look somewhat presentable.

I promised Anne to travel to charlotte town with her, because she wasn't allowed to visit Josephine Barry on her own, but I was exhausted and just hoped she wouldn't be talking the entire time.

~

After I quickly finished my breakfast I picked anne up from green gables. and we were now sitting in the train, across from eachother.

"Thank you again Gilbert, for letting me come along with you. Marilla won't ever let me go on my own."

"It's no trouble." I chuckled. "I don't mind saying hi to Cole."

Anne smiled, "You know what Gilbert, you should stay for tea sometime, I'm sure Jo would love it if you stayed for a while."

I scratched my neck and watched the redhead wait for my answer. I frowned, "look anne, that's really sweet, but I don't really have time."

Anne's face fell. "oh, well suit yourself." she stared outside the window and I quietly sighed.

I didn't mean to upset her, but I really don't feel like having tea with them.

I kept my mouth shut for the remainder of the ride and decided to read some pages of my book. I saw Anne look at me a couple times from the corner of my eye, but didn't pay too much attention to it.

~

I watched Anne run in front of me as she saw Cole running towards us. I smiled to myself as I waved at him and calmly walked towards the front door of the huge mansion I stood in front of.

"Hello Cole," I said. "How are you?"

"Great Gilbert, how are you, haven't seen you in 2 months!"

"pretty good, pretty good" I said scratching my neck again. I always somehow acted a little uncomfortable. I didn't really know what to say or do and I just wanted to leave as soon as possible so I could go to dr. Ward.

"Cole! Is Anne here?"

I heard an unfamiliar voice from inside the house and I looked up to see a girl walking down the shiny stairs. her hair was up and she was wearing a deep red dress, with a matching hat.

never seen her here before

"hello, I'm Gilbert Blythe." I said sticking out my hand for her to take.

"Gilbert this is Y/n L/n, she has been staying here for a while, but since you didnt come in last time I'm guessing you haven't met her yet." Cole said