Did I Interrupt?

"hello beautiful." you turn around to see your boyfriend Gilbert Blythe walking up to you while you're on your way to school.

"hello handsome." you smile at him as he catches up to you, pressing a kiss onto your cheek.

Gilbert snaked his arm around your waist and pulled you into his side. you immediately shook him off. "we're in public," you said.

Gilbert pouted. "but you're so beautiful," he said.

you shook your head chuckling. "stop it."

Gilbert sighed. "we could just tell people," he said slipping his hand in yours.

you sighed aswell squeezing his hand. "you know that won't end well, people here in Avonlea never mind their own business."

as soon as the schoolhouse was in sight you let go of Gilbert's hand. he pouted making you chuckle. "don't do that," you said, making him do it again.

"do what?" he asked innocently.

"that thing that makes me wanna kiss you."

Gilbert raised his eyebrows and you slightly widened your eyes, you and Gilbert never kissed before although you had both wanted it, you didn't have the guts to do it.

"let's just go inside," you said quickly changing the subject, Gilbert nodded opening the door for you. "such a gentleman," you said playfully rolling your eyes.

Gilbert chuckled as he hung up his coat. "see you at lunch?" he asked.

you nodded. "yea."

you walked over to your desk, sitting down with a sigh as you listened to the conversation your friends were having.

"we should play it again!" Ruby whined.

"no Ruby, nobody enjoyed that game in the first place," Diana said.

you frowned. "what game?" you asked letting out a chuckle.

"spin the bottle," Jane said.

you raised your eyebrows, you remember playing that game, but you never got your turn.

"why? it's a stupid game," you said looking at Ruby.

"because Gilbert's back now," she whisper-shouted. you gulped.

"you think he would even participate?" you ask.

"he will if you'll convince him!" Ruby said. you frowned. "you're his friend, right?" Ruby asked.

"yes, but-"

"then tell him to play, please?" Ruby said with big sparkling eyes.

"no I'm not doing that," you said right before the teacher walked in, telling everyone to take their seats.

"please," Ruby whispered. you shook your head and turned to your book, opening it.

Ruby scoffed turning around. you sighed, you weren't gonna let her kiss your boyfriend, if only she knew.

at lunch some students were forming a circle, you knew exactly what kind of circle it was and quickly tried to walk past them, only to be stopped by Josie.

"no I don't wanna play," you said pushing her to the side.

"I don't care about you, but Ruby wants Gilbert to play so you better convince him," she whispered sending you a glare. "if you don't... well you don't wanna find out," she said smirking.

"are you threatening me?" you asked ketting out a chuckle in amazement.

"let's hope it won't become more than a threat."