It's A Date

it was a beautiful monday morning. the sun was shining and light fell into your room when you woke up.

a smile appeared on your face as you got out of bed.

you got dressed and walked down the stairs softly humming.

you were in a good mood and you didn't even know why. that was your favorite type of good mood because you couldn't ruin it by overthinking.

"morning mother, morning father" you said walking towards the table.

"morning dear, I made you toast" your mother said as you sat down.

"thank you mother" you smiled at her taking a bite of your breakfast.

your father sat in front of you with a newspaper in his hand. "did anything interesting happen father?" you asked already knowing the answer was gonna be no.

your father shook his head without even looking at you.

"Y/f/n would you please put that paper away" your mother said snatching away the paper from your father's hands.

"I was reading that!" your father yelled.

you quickly finished your breakfast before your parents would get into a big fight.

you stood up and ignored their yelling. "I'm off!" you yelled before stepping outside into the sunlight.

you walked into the schoolhouse taking of your coat. you quickly took a seat and started reading.

you didn't talk alot in school. you were quite shy and most people weren't worth talking to. except for Gilbert Blythe. lately he had been talking to you alot and he started walking you home and sitting with you during lunch. you didn't know why he was suddenly so interested in you, but you enjoyed his company.

you glanced over to Gilbert for a second, sending him a smile. he smiled back before you turned back to your book.

"Everybody take your seats!" Mr Phillips came walking into the classroom.

the giggling girls and the laughing boys all quickly sat down and shut their mouths.

class was boring as always. most of the time you weren't paying attention. you were reading your book when a note fell onto your desk. already knowing it was from Gilbert you folded it open.

you have a small twig in your hair.
g.b.

you widened your eyes as you took it out of your hair. you turned red from embarrassment when the girls behind you started giggling.

you quickly wrote a note and tossed it over to Gilbert.

thank you... are we eating lunch together again?
y/n

Gilbert smiled and nodded causing Ruby and Josie to glare at you. you ignored them and smiled at Gilbert before turning back to the lesson.

when it was finally lunch time you basically shot up from your seat. the girls where whispering things the entire lesson and you needed some air. you took your stuff and went outside to wait for Gilbert.

he walked up to you, smiling. "hey" he said before sitting down.

"hi" you mumbled as you fiddled with your skirt.

"what's wrong?" Gilbert asked when he noticed you were frowning.

"those wicked girls" you said looking over at them. they were looking at you and probably gossiping.

Gilbert also looked in their direction and they all quickly looked away.

Gilbert chuckled softly. "don't mind them" he said as he layed his hand on your shoulder.