Ask Her (Or I Will)

it has been a long day for Gilbert, full of studying and giggling girls trying to get his attention. he didn't want any attention he just wanted to be left alone. so he could study or daydream about a certain girl he met in town a few weeks ago, her name was constantly spinning in his head. Y/n.

she was this amazing girl, that made butterflies erupt in his stomach, he forgot how to breathe around her, with her beautiful h/c hair and gorgeous e/c eyes, Gilbert could get lost in them, only he would never tell her that.

he had talked to her a few times, when she was working in this small shop her parents owned, they soon became friends, sort off. Gilbert believed she was the girl of his dreams, and Bash would never stop teasing him about it, he would've probably done the same, he really was a hopeless fool around her.

he sighed as he entered his house throwing his bag to the side and taking off his coat and hat.

"I'm home!" he yelled as he walked into the kitchen to make some tea. a few seconds later Bash walked into the kitchen as well, delphine on his arm.

Gilbert smiled. "afternoon bash, afternoon Delphine," he said, pressing a kiss onto Delphine's forehead. "do we need anything?" Gilbert asked.

Bash chuckled. "why? need a reason to go to town?" he asked as he sat Delly down in her chair. "you should ask her on a date."

Gilbert sighed, this was probably the tenth time Bash had told him that, but he wasn't gonna ask you out, he knew he would probably piss himself of nerves. "I can't."

"oh come on, be a man! what could go wrong?"

"she could say no, she could say yes, I could make a fool of myself... do I have to write it down?" Gilbert asked as he poured himself some tea.

Bash sighed. "well, we still need some flour," he said as he sat down at the table.

"great." Gilbert handed Bash a cup of tea while he sat down, quickly finishing his tea so he could get to town.

~

Gilbert sighed as he made his way to your shop. glancing through the window to see if you were there, his eyes lit up when he saw you, you were sweeping the floor, smiling at a few customers.

Gilbert went inside sending you a smile before walking over to the flour.

you looked at him, smiling to yourself, as you walked over. "good afternoon, Gilbert."

Gilbert turned around his cheeks immediately flushed red as he looked at you. "g-good afternoon... Y/n," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"I've been seeing you around alot lately," you said smiling as you admired his features.

"oh... uhm... I've been uhm... baking alot so..." Gilbert lied, his cheeks turning a deeper red as you chuckled.

"well I'll give you a tip," you said. "buy all the ingredients at once."

Gilbert chuckled as he scratched his neck again. "I guess I don't mind coming here, I get to see you."

Your cheeks flushed red at his words, "Well in that case, I don't mind either."

Gilbert stared into your eyes, wondering if he should take Bash's advice. He wanted to, but the thought of it made his stomach turn.

"Y/n, you just had your break, get back to work!" your mother yelled from behind the counter.

You sighed softly as Gilbert snapped out of his thoughts. "I better get going then," he said.

You nodded, "I'll see you."