Best Friend

It was morning and you didn't like the fact that you had to go to school today. you had to face your crush and best friend, Gilbert. yesterday he had walked you home and you accidentally told him you that thought he was very handsome. it was so embarrassing and you didn't think you were able to look him in the eye, especially because of that stupid smirk and all his teasing. however you knew that was just because he was blushing. but since he is your only friend today is definitely gonna be awkward.

"Dad I'm of for school!" you yelled before grabbing your coat. "Bye sweetheart have fun!"

fun. how can I have fun sitting alone avoiding the guy I like all day.

you quickly made you way to school. Gilbert usually walked with you but he was nowhere to be seen.

I really screwed everything up.

You felt tears welling up in your eyes. you ruined the only friendship you had because of some stupid crush. tears were now streaming down your face. you mentally scolded yourself for being so stupid. when you reached the school house you saw that you were late.

I left on time did I?

everyone was inside already. you quickly went in closing the door behind you. you took of your coat and quickly walked to your desk. your eyes met Gilbert's he looked concerned.

crap I didn't wipe my tears.

you quickly looked away and wiped your tears. you sat down next to Diana. she looked at you with a soft expression but she didn't say anything which wasn't very surprising, you two weren't friends. 

you felt Gilbert's eyes on you during the entire lesson and it was torture. you looked at him a couple times and every single time he was staring at you. always with a concerned frown and a soft smile. you heard people whisper things. everyone had seen you crying.

When it was finally lunchtime you jumped up from your seat and ran outside. you sat by the stream and tears were rolling down your face again. "Y/n what's wrong?" you looked up to see Gilbert standing in front of you. "Gilbert please go away." you said with a broken voice. it broke his heart to see you like this. "you can talk to me Y/n. you're my best friend"

best friend. hmm.

"I don't wanna talk about it. please go" you said and you looked down again. Gilbert looked at you with a frown. "okay. but I'm here for you Y/n" he said before walking off. you started sobbing even harder. you felt a hand on your shoulder. "Gilbert go away please" you said not even bothering to look up. "Y/n" you looked up. that wasn't Gilbert. you looked up to see Diana."what's wrong" she asked and she sat down. "I-" you couldn't get the words out. "what's going on between you and Gilbert" she asks. you look at her. "I totally ruined everything. I just can't be around him anymore" you say sniffling. "why not" she looks confused. "because... I have feelings for him" you say feeling a little embarrassed. you're not quite sure why you're talking to Diana about this but it feels nice to get it of your chest. "oh" she says and she lays her hand on your shoulder. "I totally ruined the only friendship I had." you say and you look at her. "I'll be your friend" she smiles at you softly. you look up. "thank you but you don't wanna be my friend" "yes I do!" she says and you smile. you hug her. "thank you Diana."you pull away from the hug and see that Gilbert is staring at you. he looks confused and hurt.

**
Gilbert pov

Why are Diana and Y/n talking, since when are they even friends? and why isn't she talking to me? did I say something? why would she talk to Diana instead of me? I'm supposed to be her best friend.