Swimming

"Y/n please sit down!" Gilbert says as he looks at you with a worried expression on his face causing you to chuckle. you're on a small boat in the middle of the lake at night. you and Gilbert would always do stuff like this, you'd show up at his house in the middle of the night and you'd just go out, talking for hours and having fun.

You liked Gilbert alot... and he liked you back. it was obvious for everyone around you, but Gilbert was shy and you didn't wanna make the first move. you were terrified of rejection.

"no!" you say twirling around. you let out a squeal as your foot slips away. "Y/n!" Gilbert catches you and you fall on top of him bursting out in laughter. Gilbert is a blushing mess. "You could've died!" he yelled as you calmed down from laughing. "I know how to swim" you say as you stay on top of him giggling. "not in a dress! you would've drowned!" he says in an angry tone. "well I didn't" you say.

Gilbert let's out a deep breath. "you were worried about me," you say smirking. Gilbert chuckles, but a blush appears on his cheeks. "let's go swimming" you say as you notice the blush on his face. you get of off him with a smile. "now?" he asks sitting up. "yes" you say as you start taking of your dress. Gilbert's breath hitches as he watches you. he snaps out of his thoughts and takes off his shirt and trousers leaving you both in your undergarments. Gilbert shyly looks at the floor.

you jump out of the boat and splash Gilbert causing him to chuckle. "come it's warm," you say waiting for him to come in. you hold the boat still while he jumps in. he splashes around causing you to chuckle. "come over here," he said as he swam further away from the boat. you followed him.

you jumped on top off him bursting out in laughter as you pushed Gilbert under water. he comes back up coughing and chuckling. "you could've warned me you know" he said as you chuckled. "where's the fun in that?" you ask smiling. your smile disappears as Gilbert looks at you with a big smirk on his face. he throws himself at you and starts tickling you. "stop... I'll... drown" you say in between laughter. "I won't let that happen," Gilbert said as he stopped tickling with a grin on his face.

he stared at you with an unfamiliar expression on his face, his smile faltered and his hands lowered to your waist. you noticed how close he was. your heart was pounding in your chest as Gilbert traced his fingers over your back. his face turned bright red as he let go of you. you noticed and awkwardly cleared your throat.

"come," you said as you swam over to the shallow part of the water and Gilbert followed you his face still red and butterflies still going crazy in his stomach. he hated not being able to tell you how he felt.

he shook away his thoughts and sat next to you in the water. "I really love moments like this" you say as you smile at him. "me too" he says as he smiles back at you. his eyes reflecting the moon light. Gilbert sighed. he really loved these moments with you but he would love them ten times more if they were considered dates.

"Y/n?" Gilbert frowned and stared right into your eyes. you slightly raised your eyebrows. "yes?" you said as you felt like you were drowning in his eyes. "there is something I've been wanting to talk to you about?" he said as his heart started beating faster. he didn't know what he was doing and next thing he knew he was rambling.

"this might be shocking but I just feel like I need to tell you but I'm afraid of what you might say and I've wanted to tell you this for a long time now and I'm just so-" you cut him off. "calm down Gil" you said chuckling. he blushed knowing there was no going back now. "you can tell me anything" you whispered as Gilbert took a deep breath.

"I l-love you" Gilbert said. he threw his hand over his mouth. what he said was true, but he wanted to say he liked you. he didn't want to scare you off.

"y-you love me?" you asked with wide eyes. you felt your cheeks burning at Gilbert's gaze. he nodded lowering his hand. you brought your hand up to his face and leaned in, pressing a soft kiss on his lips. very sweet and gentle. Gilbert froze, his heart pounding in his chest while butterflies erupted in his stomach. your whole body tingling at his touch. he cupped your face with one hand as he deepened the kiss. both off you were confused at what was happening.

you slowly pulled away and looked at Gilbert. his cheeks flushed red and his eyes sparkled. a huge smile appeared on both of your faces. "I love you too Gilbert" you said as you softly squeezed his hand. he smiled as he squeezed back. "let's get back" Gilbert said, feeling overwhelmed by his emotions.

his heart was still pounding as you two swam back to the boat. Gilbert climbed into the boat and then helped you. "did you bring towels?" you asked as you sat down. "of course I did" Gilbert said as he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around your shoulders. a cold breeze went through your hair causing you to shiver.

Gilbert sat down next to you wrapping a towel around himself. he put his arm around you pulling you close, trying to keep you warm. your cheeks flushed red as your rested your head on his shoulder. water dripping out of Gilbert's hair onto your face. you smiled and looked at the stars while Gilbert rubbed his hand over your shoulder. the boat slightly swaying. you closed your eyes taking in the moment as Gilbert pressed a kiss on your wet hair.

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨