Special

You sigh as you open up you bakery. you were pretty tired of working all week. your mother is working in the kitchen while you clean the counter. suddenly the door opens revealing a boy around your age with dark curly hair. he walks towards you while looking at the pastries. "Goodmorning" you say smiling. "morning" he says and he looks up. he freezes for a second and stares at you. you stare back at him noticing how incredibly handsome he is. "can I help you?" you ask after a few seconds. the boy snaps out of his thoughts and you chuckle slightly. "I-I'm sorry" he says as his cheeks turn red causing you to chuckle louder. "I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh" you giggle trying to shut up. "it's alright I'm a fool around beautiful girls" he says with a small smirk. you feel your cheeks heat up slightly feeling flattered. "so what can I help you with?" you ask again. "uhh can I have a cup of tea with some... apple pie." he asks slightly moving his eyebrows. you chuckle at the sight. "I'll bring it to your table in a couple minutes" you say sending him a smile. he nods and smiles before sitting down at a table. he opens a book, but you can see him staring at you from the corner of your eye as you make him tea. you smile to yourself putting a piece of apple pie on a plate. you bring his order to his table with a smile. "Thank you" he says. "You're welcome" you smile turning back around. "hey I uhh I didn't catch your name" he said causing you to face him again. you send him a small smile.
"Y/n L/n" you say staring into his sparkling eyes. "a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" he says. you chuckle "Is that all you got?" you ask and you smirk. He chuckles and slightly shakes his head. "are you gonna tell me yours?" you asked. "what?" he asked with a small frown. "your name" you said chuckling. "oh. Gilbert Blythe" he said scratching his neck. "well Gilbert Blythe, it was nice meeting you" you say smiling. he smiles back and nods before you walk off to help another customer. Gilbert keeps staring at you until he takes his leave sending you a smile.

I hope I'll see him again.

Days went by and you hadn't seen Gilbert again. you were a little disappointed but you shoved him out of your thoughts. every time he span around in your thoughts you would mentally scold yourself. you were helping your mother in the kitchen on a saturday morning when you heard someone enter the bakery. "Mother would you please help that customer my hands are all sticky." you asked sending your mother a smile. "of course honey but watch the pie I don't need it to burn into a crisp" she said chuckling. "don't worry mom" you said as she walked out. "Good morning" you heard her say as you continued working on your strawberrt tarts. "Oh uhh morning ma'am" you heard a familiar voice say. you furrowed you eyebrows.

I know that voice.

you shrugged it of and took your mother's pie out of the oven and put your strawberry tarts in. you washed your hands and just when your mother walked back into the kitchen you brushed past her to display the pie. you felt a pair of eyes on you and looked around the room. you gasped at the sight of Gilbert Blythe. you couldn't help but smile when you saw him walk in your direction. "Gilbert how nice to see you" you said as he smiled at you. "yea.. I was hoping I'd see you" he said looking at you. "c-can I help you with anything?" you asked feeling a little nervous because of his staring. you could see him getting nervous aswell and you let out a small chuckle. "well there's something... you see I was wondering... if I could... take you on a date sometime." he asked scratching his neck his eyes full of hope. you smiled and felt your cheeks turn red. "I'd love that" you said as your eyes sparkled. a huge grin appeared on Gilbert's face which made you chuckle. "next Saturday around 10?" he asked his voice almost cracking out of excitement. you smiled and nodded trying not to squeal. "great! I'll see you Saturday" Gilbert said. you kissed his cheek. "see you" you said as Gilbert walked off as red as a tomato. you smiled to yourself and got back to work but you couldn't focus. all you could think about was Gilbert Blythe.