Anywhere

You were sitting in class slightly bored as you stared at the empty desk not too far away from you. Gilbert wasn't at school again and it made you curious. You decided that you would stop by after school with some bread to see how he was doing.

you and Gilbert never talked that much, but when you did you always enjoyed it, there was something about him that just made you want to be around him.

you snapped out of your thoughts when the lesson ended and everybody stood up. you took your coat and walked home to bake some bread.

you stood in front off Gilbert's door with a basket and knocked on the door, taking a deep breath.

a puffy-eyed Gilbert opened the door. "Y/n.. what brings you here?" he asked as he forced a smile on his face.

"I wanted to bring you this... and I wanted to check on you..." you said with a small frown.

"oh.. well thank you.." he said as you gave him the basket. "do you wanna come in?" he asked. you nodded with a smile and he stepped aside.

you took off your coat and followed Gilbert into the kitchen. "tea?" he asked.

"yes please" you said smiling. you sat down at the table.

Gilbert handed you a cup of tea and sat down in front off you looking at the table. you studied his face. he looked tired his eyes were red and his hair was messy. "have you been crying?" you asked.

Gilbert looked up. he nodded with a frown. his jaw was clenched.

"may I ask... why?" you looked at him with a frown.

"my father... he's sick" he said while fighting against his tears. you reached over the table and took his hand, squeezing it.

he looked up and send you a small smile before looking down again.

"I'm sorry," you said as you gave him a sympathetic look. "do you wanna... go somewhere?" you asked.

Gilbert looked up with furrowed eyebrows. "where?" he asked.

"anywhere," you said as Gilbert nodded.

he let go of your hand and stood up. "just a second" he said before rushing out off the kitchen into his father's room.

you stood up grabbed your coat and waited for Gilbert. he quickly put on his coat and you went outside.

you were walking through a snow covered field and you stopped walking. Gilbert turned around confused at why you stopped. you threw a snowball against his face, laughing.

he threw one back and you started a snowball fight. both laughing like crazy and running around like fools. you ran after him with a snowball and smiled to yourself happy that you cheered Gilbert up. you threw the snowball in his neck and he shuddered at the cold.

"you're going to regret that!" he said laughing, starting to run after you. you ran away giggling but Gilbert was faster and he grabbed you causing you both to fall into the snow. you bursted out in laughter once again as the snow soaked your dress.

"I should be heading back" Gilbert said when you both stopped laughing. you nodded as he stood up.

Gilbert helped you up and you stood up standing really close to him. his eyes focused on your lips and a blush appeared on both your cheeks. Gilbert quickly cleared his throat and looked down at his feet.

you approached Gilbert's house and he stopped walking. "thank you for today" he said with a smile. you nodded. "I uhh I'll see you" he said.

"yea.." you kissed his cheek. when you pulled away a blush appeared on it. "bye" you said and Gilbert nodded before you walked home.