Party

It was morning. you had just woken up and you were staring out of your window. tiny white snowflakes were falling down. you followed them with your eyes and watch them fall onto the already in snow covered field.
"y/n" your mother walked into your room. you snapped out of your thoughts and turned to her.
"yes mother?"
"get dressed you have to help me with the food for tonight"
your parents were having a party tonight. you were pretty excited because your friends came as well.
"yes mother, will you help me with my dress and hair after?"
"of course honey" your mother turned around and walked down the stairs.
you put on a simple old dress and tied your hair in a ribbon. you then went downstairs to help your mother.
you were in the kitchen for hours and you finally finsihed. you displayed the food and everything was ready for the party tonight.
"Mother can you please help me with my appearance"
"I'll be up in a minute, go pick out a dress"
"okay mother, thank you"
you walked upstairs. your parents were rich. it was fun most of the time but they were pretty uptight which bothered you sometimes. your best friend Diana really understood you. she was in a very similar situation. only her parents wanted her to go to finishing school in Paris and marry a wealthy man. your parents wanted you to find true love. and you were forever grateful for that. well as long as they minded their own business.
you looked at all of your dresses. you had quite a few and you had no idea what to wear. you were thinking dark blue. you grabbed a long blue dress out of your closet. it was detailed with white flowers and ruffles. you had never worn it before. it wasn't a dress for a simple school day. this one was made for a special occasion. it was perfect for tonight.

maybe I'll impress Gilbert tonight.

Gilbert. you couldn't wait to see him. you've had a crush on him for quite some time now. Diana had been teasing you lately and convinced you to tell him. you tried several times but always ended up tongue tied. maybe you had enough courage tonight.

___________

your mother squeezed you into a corset.
"ohw mom that's too tight"
"I'm sorry honey." she said but she didn't loosen it.
you couldn't breathe properly.
"mom-"
"stop whining, corsets are supposed to be tight" your mother said irritated.
you sighed. "sorry mother"
when you put on your dress you looked in the mirror. you smiled at yourself.
"you look beautiful honey" your mother said and she stood behind you putting her hands on your shoulder.
"I bet that boy you've been talking about to Diana can't keep his eyes of you tonight."
your eyes widen. "what!?"
"oh I accidentally heard while cleaning, Gilbert was his name right?"
your cheeks heat up. and you look at your mother irritated.
"that was a private conversation" you say and look at the floor.
"Honey feelings are nothing to be ashamed of" she rubbed your shoulder. "now come on let me do your hair"

___________________

you stared at yourself in the mirror. you were annoyed at your mother. she never respected your privacy. you were sick of it.
you were nervous about tonight. you didn't know what to say.
you heard a sound coming from outside. you looked out of your window and saw Diana standing at the door. you ran downstairs and opened it.
"Diana!" you hugged her tight.
"hi y/n" she said laughing.
"Diana I'm so nervous" you looked behind you to check if your parents were around.
"my mother overheard our conversation about my feelings for Gilbert" you looked at her.
"oh my. what did she say?"
"nothing helpful" you chuckle stepping aside letting Diana in.
"Diana I must say you look absolutely stunning tonight!"
"thank you y/n! so do you"
"thanks Diana"
You went over to the living room with Diana following behind you. the party was starting in a few minutes and you started to get nervous.
"Diana what do I even say?" you ask and sit down in a chair.
"Just be yourself y/n" Diana said putting a hand on your shoulder.

I'm going to completely embarrass myself.

_________________

the party had started. there was loud chatter and music playing in the background. you were standing somewhere in a corner with a few friends. you glanced over at Gilbert. He was standing with his friends.

wow he looks really handsome tonight.

he must've caught you staring because he looked over and smiled at you. you smiled back and felt your cheeks heat up. you looked away focusing on your friends again.
"y/n are you even listening?" Anne asked
"what?"
"I said that this is a great party"
"oh thank you!"
"hmm I think it's kinda boring... we should play a game of truth or dare with the boys" Josie says.
"yea that'd be fun" you say smiling ignoring her rude comment. "we can go to my room. it's big enough."
"be there in five minutes" Josie said walking off to some boys to tell them about the game. you walk over to Gilbert. who is now standing alone getting a drink.
"hey we're all gonna play truth or dare upstairs in my room. wanna join us?"
"oh sure" he says looking at you.
"we're starting in five minutes my room is the first door you see when you walk upstairs.
"okay see you soon" he says taking another sip of his drink. you walk upstairs into your room. and see a few people already sitting on the floor of your bedroom chatting loudly.
as soon as everyone is sitting in a circle the game starts. it was pretty boring. most dares were something like kiss the floor. you were started to dose off but then you heard Gilbert's name.
"Gilbert I dare you to kiss Ruby" Josie said smirking. Diana who was sitting next to you squeezed your hand.
you froze and looked over at Gilbert. he looked uncomfortable as he went over to Ruby. Ruby was smiling like crazy and her cheeks were as pink as her bow. Gilbert leaned in and pecked ruby's lips. you stood up and left the room.
"I need some air" you went downstairs with tears in your eyes.

why is this happening to me.

you got yourself a drink and you felt someone tapping your shoulder.
you turned around. and saw Gilbert standing there. "are you alright? you left so quickly"
"I'm fine I was just thirsty" you say taking a sip.
"I just wanted to say... you look beautiful y/n" Gilbert looks into your eyes. his gaze flickering to your lips a couple times.
"thank you" you say. you feel yourself turning pink.
"do you uhh." he scratches his neck
you raise your eyebrows at him.
"can I uhh" he looks at the floor.
you chuckle. twist your head still with raised eyebrows.
"would you like to dance... with me?" he looks at you with a small frown.
"I'd love to" you smile taking his hand following him to the dance floor. He places his hands on your waist and moves a little closer. you put your arms around his neck. and stare into his eyes. you smile.
"it's a nice party" he says trying to start a conversation.
"thank you" you say "my mother has been stressing out about it for a a whole month" you chuckle and look down.
"oh that must be irritating"
"I'm used to it. my mother is always stressing out about something. party or not"
he chuckles. you stare into his eyes for a moment but suddenly you feel something pushing your back. it causes you to fall into Gilberts arms. he laughs. "you alright?"
"yea I got... pushed" you say brushing of your dress. you turn your head and see your parents behind you.
"sorry sweetheart" your mother says and she winks at you.
you give her a look and she laughs turning back to your father.
"did she just... wink at you?" Gilbert asks furrowing his eyebrows.

god those eyebrows.

"I believe she did" you say a little embarrassed.
Gilbert chuckles as he puts his arms around your waist again. this time you two are even closer.
your whole body is tingling as you feel him move to the music.

tell him. just tell him.

you got nervous but you decided it was time to finally tell him. "Gilbert I n-need to talk to you about something."
"I need to tell you something as well" he says.
"y-you go first" you say staring at him.
"okay uhm" he looks at you and frowns "how am I gonna say this uhhm-" he sighs "I wish I had kissed you instead if Ruby, I like you y/n. no I love you" he looks into your eyes. happy to finally let you know how he feels.

wait what?

"please say something"
you stare at him. he's staring back at you still with his arms around your waist. you're trying to get some words out but you can't. you didn't see that coming. still not being able to talk you move your hands from around his neck towards his face. his eyes still staring at you intensely. you slowly trace your finger across his jawline causing Gilbert to blush. you lean in and peck his lips. you smile. you've always wanted to do that. you slowly open your mouth to say something. "Gilbert I-" you pause.
"I love you too"

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨