So Far Away pt. 2

it's been almost a year since you and Gilbert said goodbye, there wasn't a day that Gilbert didn't think about you. he regretted leaving you there, he regretted not asking you to come with him.

now Bash had met Mary, Gilbert only thought about you more, he wanted what Bash and Mary had, but he knew he could only be happy with you.

"what's wrong Blythe? you've been very quiet today," Bash asked as he noticed Gilbert sitting at the kitchen table with his head buried in his hands.

"well... I've been thinking about Y/n alot lately, I miss what we had and she's constantly on my mind." Gilbert said sighing. "I know she's the one for me, but she's so far away,"

"if you miss her so much, why aren't you on a boat to England right now?" Bash asked, causing Gilbert to look up.

"what?"

"you have to go get her, before she finds someone else and you'll regret it for the rest of your life," Bash said.

"what if I'm already to late?" Gilbert asked, frowning as he ruffled his hair.

"what if you're not?"

"so you think there might actually be a chance that she wants to be with me?" Gilbert asked.

"what you guys had was special! stop wasting your time and go get her!" Bash said.

Gilbert nodded, frowning deeper. "you're right, I'll leave tomorrow," he said nodding as he stared at the table.

"that's more like it," Bash said, smiling as he patted Gilbert's back.

Gilbert looked back up at Bash, "will you come with me? for moral support... you know in case she's married to someone else?" Gilbert asked.

"sure thing, Blythe, I'll tell Mary and I'll pack my bags."

~

"I never thought I would be on a ship, without having to work on it," Bash said looking out a the horizon.

"it's nice though, watching the view," Gilbert said before chuckling, "it distracts me from the nerves."

"you've got nerves already? we still have a long time to go," Bash said, looking over at Gilbert.

"I know, I just hope it's all worth it." Gilbert sighed turning his head towards the water, watching the waves as they passed by.

"I'm sure it is, and otherwise we just had a nice trip to England," Bash said, chuckling.

"yea, because it's so nice to get your heart broken," Gilbert said, playfully rolling his eyes.

"don't be so negative! you don't even know her answer yet!" Bash said, patting Gilbert's back.

"yea, but she could probably get anyone she wants, she's amazing," Gilbert said, frowning.

"last time I checked she wanted you," Bash said raising his eyebrows.

"I can only hope she still wants me."

~

it was a mess in your store, you'd been a mess the last few weeks and you were exhausted. it was already busy and another ship was coming in later today.

you still thought about Gilbert alot, well whenever you had time to think. you missed him, he wasn't like any of the other boys and men you had met, most of them were arrogant and treated you like garbage, or some piece of meat they could shamelessly stare at.

"hello miss, I ordered a coffee."

"I'll be there in a second," you said pouring coffee in several cups, completely stressing as you knocked one cup over.