Love Notes Pt. 1

It's starting to get colder outside as you walked through the woods. the last few leaves had fallen of the trees and now all laid on the ground covered by a white blanket of glistening snow.

the snow crunching underneath your feet as you hugged your books tight for warmth.

you hummed softly making your way towards the school. you heard loud chatter meaning you were close.

you peeked through the trees to see your classmates. "good morning " you said excitingly as you walked up to your friends.

"Good morning" they said before they continued with their conversation. you didn't really pay attention to them as you glanced over to the boys hoping to catch a glimpse of Gilbert.

you made eye contact and send him a smile. a blush appeared on your cheeks when he smiled back. you looked away and stared at the floor waiting for class to start.

you slowly walked to your desk to find a piece of paper on top of it. you sat down and looked around to see if someone was playing a prank on you. you didn't see anyone staring at you so you folded the note open and read it.

you look beautiful today.

you gasped and smiled as a blush appeared on your face.

you stared at the note reading it over and over again not noticing Gilbert's sparkling heart-eyes on you.

he smiles to himself and his cheeks heat up.

you quickly put the note in your pocket so your friends wouldn't see and you turned your attention towards the lesson.

at lunch you sat with your friends. they were loudly chatting, but you didn't listen. you only thought about the note. you had never felt this curious in your life and you couldn't wait to find out who wrote it.

"Y/n do you want some?" Diana asked causing you to snap out off your thoughts. she handed you a piece of pie with whipped cream.

"thank you" you said taking a bite.

"why are you so quiet today?" Jane asked.

"oh it's nothing" you said as you smiled to yourself.

your friends went on with their conversation and you chatted along this time until it was time to get back to class.

another note laid on your table and you quickly folded it open.

you look really cute with that whipped cream on your nose.

your cheeks turned red not knowing if you should feel flattered or embarrassed. you quickly wiped off the whipped cream on your nose. you folded the note and put it into your pocket with the other one.

"you could've told me I had whipped cream on my nose!" you whisper-yelled to the girls behind you who started giggling.

the lesson then started and you couldn't focus. you needed to know who wrote the notes. secretly you hoped it was Gilbert.

after school you walked home with Diana and Anne. they were loudly chatting about the story club. you felt something in the pocket of your coat. you frowned and noticed it was a piece of paper. your heart skipped a beat as you quickly folded it open.

I love how you blush when you open my notes.

your cheeks turned red again and you looked around. there was no one to be seen of course.

"What's that?" Anne asked. your eyes widened as Anne took the note from you. "you have a secret admirer!?" Anne yelled.

"oh why didn't you tell us?" Diana asked after she also read the note.

"it only started today" you said as you ripped it out of Anne's grip. "I got two more" you added.

"can I see them?" Anne asks. you sigh and take the notes out of your pocket and hand them over. "oh that's so romantic!" she squealed.

after Diana read them you quickly put them back in your pocket. "please don't tell the girls. they'll make a fuss" you said and Diana and Anne nodded.

they squealed one last time before you needed to go in the other direction.

the next few days went somewhat like this. you got notes almost everyday and after school Anne and Diana wanted to read them.

"who do you think it is?" Diana asked as she read the note you found in your lunch basket.

"I don't know, but I need to find out!" you said dying of curiosity.

"why don't you just look at your desk from the corner of your eye?" Anne asked.

"I've tried that but then I just don't get any. or they end up somewhere else" you said sighing.

"I guess your secret admirer wants to stay secret" Diana said with a giggle. you groaned causing Anne and Diana to chuckle.

after another week the notes stopped. you didn't really think anything of it because you, Diana and Anne had been staring at your desk and coat alot, but when you didn't get any after almost two weeks you noticed that the notes stopped when Gilbert stopped going to school. his father had passed away a few days ago. poor thing.

"Diana! Anne!" you ran towards them at lunch. they immediately snapped their heads in your direction. you dragged them along to the side. "I think it's Gilbert!" you whisper-yelled
while the other girls where wondering what you were talking about.

Anne and Diana gasped. "oh we could've known!" Anne yelled.

"what should I do?" you asked completely freaking out at this point.

"you should go over to his house of course!" Diana said.

you widened your eyes. "I can't do that!" you said as the other girls still tried listening with confused frowns on their faces.

"why not?" Anne asked with a frown.

"his father just died!" you whisper-yelled.

"But he's in love with you Y/n" Diana whispered. you took a deep breath.

"fine I'll go right after school" you said as your heart started beating faster already.

"what are you guys talking about?" Josie asked.

"nothing" Diana said knowing it wouldn't end well if Josie knew about this.

"I need to think!" you yelled before running off.

~

you sat in your seat fiddling your fingers waiting for that one sentence.

"class dismissed"

you shot up from your seat and grabbed your things and ran towards Gilbert's house.

you stood in front off his door panting for air.

you knocked on the door and waited for Gilbert to open it. when he didn't you knocked again and went over to the window to see if he was there. he wasn't. all the furniture was covered by white fabric. you gasped as you realized.

I'm too late