Nightmare

It was in the middle of the night you were reading by candlelight trying not think about the fight you had with your boyfriend Gilbert. he had been acting jealous again. normally it'd be kinda cute but sometimes he was a pain in the ass so you told him to stop and got in a fight. you sighed and focussed back to your book mentally scolding yourself for letting your thoughts slip to Gilbert again.
when you can't focus because of the loud raindrops on your window you put your book away and try to get some sleep. you keep restlessly changing your position until you hear something at your window that wasn't a raindrop. your eyes widen as you get out of bed. you look out of the window to see Gilbert standing under it soaking wet because of the rain. you gasp and go downstairs to open the door. "Gilbert what are you doing here?" you whisper-shout. "come in before you get sick!" you step aside so he can come in. his hair is messy and soaked and so are his clothes. he stepped in and wrapped his arms tightly around you burying his head in your neck. you squealed at the cold wet touch, but you didn't push him away. "what are you doing here?" you ask whispering. "I needed to see you" he whispers as he takes in your scent. "why in the middle of the night in the pouring rain" you ask slowly running your fingers through his hair. "I had this nightmare and I needed to know if you were okay" he says as he voice cracks. he slowly pulls away. "I'm so glad you're okay." he says looking at you with twinkling eyes "sorry for soaking your nightgown" he says as he scratches his neck. "it's alright" you say with a small chuckle. "I know we're fighting and everything so I'll go back home-" you cut him of. "you're not going anywhere with this weather" you said shutting the door. you think about the fight you had again and get a little irritated. "just sleep on the couch" you say with a slightly cold tone. "look Y/n I'm sorr-" you cut him off again. "I don't wanna fight right now" you say putting your hand up as a sign that he should stop talking. "me neither I just wanna apolo-" and you cut him off once again. "Goodnight Gilbert" you say as you walk up the stairs in your wet nightgown. you shiver at the cold and change into a different night gown before getting under the covers. you start dozing of again while Gilbert sits on the couch soaking wet with a clenched jaw. his nightmare still spinning in his head.

He went up to your room to apologize and he wasn't gonna give up until you let him speak. he knocked on your door. "Y/n can I please apologize" he asked, his voice cracking again. you sighed as you got out of bed and opened your bedroom door. "Y/n I'm sorry I should've trusted you but I'm just so afraid to lose you. I know I was a total jerk and I'm sorry" He said softly. his tone was desperate and his eyebrows where slightly frowned. "It just hurts that you don't trust me" you said a you stood in front of him with tears in your eyes. "but I do trust you. I just don't trust those guys" he said as he took your hand. "those guys are my friends, you're gonna have to deal with me talking to them." you say squeezing his hand. "but I love you Gilbert, only you" you said as you stroked his face. Gilbert smiled softly as he nodded. he cupped your face with his palm and pressed a gentle kiss on your lips. you started kissing him more passionately by slightly parting your lips to deepen the kiss. Gilbert's arms wrapped around your waist while your hands were tangled in his now dry hair. Gilbert's tongue roamed your mouth as you stepped back. Gilbert letting go of you for a second to close the door. you walked over to your bed with your lips still glued together. you layed down with Gilbert on top of you. He kept kissing you until you had to break away for air. he pulled away breathlessly as he stayed on top of you almost crushing you. you chuckled. "you're crushing me" you said as Gilbert let out a chuckle as well. "sorry" he said but he didn't move. he held you tight and buried his head into your neck softly kissing it. "Let's never fight again" he says in between kisses. "I can't promise anything" you say with a small chuckle. Gilbert chuckled into your neck making you smile as he continued kissing it. "I love you" you said as you played with his hair. "I love you too" he said as he pulled away slighty. his eyes widened a bit. "uhh Y/n?" he stared at your neck. "what?" you asked not able to see what he was talking about. you pushed Gilbert off of you and walked over to your mirror only to see your neck covered in small lovebites. you gasped and turned. "Gilbert!" you whisper shouted as he scratched his neck. "my mother will kill me when she gets home tomorrow!" you said as you looked back into the mirror. "I might be able to cover them up but my god if she finds out you stayed the night she'll murder me-" Gilbert cut you off. "I can go home if you want. it's not pouring anymore" he said as he stood up ready to leave. "no stay, she won't be back until noon and I want cuddles" you said causing Gilbert to chuckle. you both laid back down smiling as Gilbert's arms wrapped tightly around you. "what was your nightmare about anyway?" you asked as Gilbert gently stroked your hair. "y-you got in an accident and you didn't remember me... and you said you didn't love me anymore" he said in a tone of sadness. you hugged him tight. "I love you more than anything Gilbert" you said shivering at the thought of completely forgetting about him. "and I love you more than anything" he said pulling you closer once again while you both started to doze off.

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨