They Saw

it was a beautiful saturday morning. you were laying in bed listening to the chirping birds and waiting to be fully awake. your brain was slightly fuzzy from sleeping and your eyelids were still heavy.

after about five minutes you slowly stumbled out of bed opening your thin white curtains to let in some more sunlight. it shone brightly on your face and you smiled squinting your eyes.

you immediately felt cheerful. it was such a beautiful day! you span around and opened the doors of your closet. you took out one off your favorite dresses and buried your face in it, taking in the scent. it smelt sweet just like your room.

you got dressed and combed your hair in front off your mirror. still a smile plastered on your face because today was gonna be marvelous!

you were meeting Gilbert in the woods today. sweet Gilbert, the boy of your dreams who you had been secretly dating for two weeks now. you loved everything about him. his gorgeous sparkling hazel eyes, his beautiful and genuine smile, his cheeks that would heat up when you intertwined fingers and his sweet and caring personality. he was everything you wanted and you were everthing he wanted. you were truly perfect for eachother.

when you were done getting ready you went downstairs to eat breakfast. you weren't hungry, you were way too nervous to be hungry, because you had reason to believe that today you would get your first kiss. the thought off it made you shiver. you had been dreaming about your first kiss for months now. even before you and Gilbert were together, because you had been in love with him for a long time before he asked you out.

when you finally finished your breakfast you had to wait. and nothing is worse than sitting down and waiting when you know in a couple hours you will experience true happiness. you always did around Gilbert. he just made your world whole.

you waited for two hours trying to focus on things like reading, but you couldn't. most off the time you just stared at the clock or danced excitedly around the kitchen humming a song.

when it was around noon you decided to leave. you were still a little early so you took the long way. you left your coat at home and went outside taking in the fresh air.

you hummed softly as you made your way through the beautiful forest. birds were chirping everywhere and the sunlight came peeking through the trees. you danced around until you saw a little wooden playhouse. you heard chatter coming from inside.

you walked closer and tried to recognize the voices. Anne, Diana and Ruby. you widened your eyes before slowly backing away and walking off, hoping they didn't notice you.

but they did. they heard a twig snap underneath your feet and got out off the storyclub to see if the fox was back. when they saw you they got curious. they wanted to know where you were going all by yourself. they decided to follow you and they hid behind trees so you wouldn't notice them.

you weren't paying any attention to the faint footsteps that were heard behind you. you were way to excited because you were close to you and Gilbert's special spot. you could see Gilbert in the distance. he was sitting on a blanket surrounded by beautiful wildflowers nervously waiting for you.

you smiled at the sight and waved at him. his face lit up shen he saw you and he stood up walking over to you. he took both your hands and smiled.

"hey" he said squeezing your hands.

"hi" you breathed out.

"come sit" Gilbert said leading you towards the blanket he was sitting on earlier. the fabric was soft and you could smell it's scent. it smelled just like Gilbert. "I missed you" Gilbert said sitting down next to you.

"you saw me yesterday!" you said chuckling.

"so?" Gilbert looks at you with a smile.

"nevermind..." you chuckle softly. "I missed you too" you say taking his hand squeezing it. a blush appeared on his cheeks like always and you smiled at the sight. he looked adorable. you stared into his sparkling eyes for a few seconds feeling your heart race increase.

is this happening?
is he gonna kiss me?

"h-have some... have some food" Gilbert said grabbing a basket from beside him.

you looked down in disappointment. you shook it off and smiled taking a cookie out of the basket.

the three girls watched from behind the trees in amazement. Ruby was crying and Diana was comforting her.

"you don't know if they're together Ruby" she whispered trying to calm the girl down.

she was trying to hold in her sobs so you and Gilbert wouldn't hear. "they were holding hands!" Ruby whisper shouted.

"but you don't know for sure... they... they didn't kiss" Diana said. "most couples share a kiss when they see eachother... maybe... maybe the hand holding was just friendly" Diana added.

Ruby nodded. "yea maybe," Ruby said.

Diana walked towards Anne who was standing a few trees to the right. "we should go, Ruby is crying," she said tugging Anne's sleeve.

Anne turned around. "but they're so romantical!" Anne whisper-shouted.

"that's exactly why we should go!" Diana whisper-shouted back. "if they kiss Ruby will never recover!" she hissed.

"fine" Anne said sighing. they walked back to Ruby who was intensely staring. "come on Ruby we're going" Diana said.

Ruby turned her head. "no I wanna see this" she said, before turning her attention back to you and Gilbert.

you were eating an apple while resting your head on Gilbert's lap. he was softly reading to you. you didn't pay much attention to what he was saying. you were staring at his face. how his messy hair fell over his forehead, how the sunlight fell on his skin and how his eyes were sparkling. when he noticed you were staring he stopped. a blush appearing on his face.

"what? what is it? do I have something on my face?" he asked. you chuckled.

"no... you're just so beautiful" you said stroking his cheek.

"you're more beautiful though," Gilbert said putting away his book. you sat up still tracing your fingers over Gilbert's freckles.

his skin was tingling at your touch and you were now completely lost in each other's eyes. you cupped his face moving a little closer. Gilbert's heart was pounding in his chest. his eyes focused on your lips.

he closed his eyes and leaned closer pressing a soft kiss on your lips. butterflies erupted in your stomach and Gilbert's whole body was tingling.

behind the trees Ruby gasped and Anne and Diana stared with wide eyes. Ruby ran away sobbing and Anne and Diana ran after her yelling her name. you heard and quickly pulled away.

"what's wrong? did I do it wrong?" Gilbert asked still touching your face. he hadn't heard anything his brain was all fuzzy.

"no Gilbert that was perfect. it truly was" you said looking past Gilbert. you saw Anne and Diana running.

"then what's wro-" Gilbert followed your eyes and turned around also seeing the girls. "did they see us?" Gilbert asks with wide eyes.

"yea... and Ruby" you said.

"I'm so sorry. I know how bad you wanted this to be a secret" Gilbert says squeezing your hand.

"it's alright" you said softly smiling at him. "I don't mind" you chuckle.

"you wanna do that again?" Gilbert asks with a small smirk. you chuckled as you nodded pressing your lips back on his.