Dreams

requested by: elizaham02lol

You sat at you desk waiting for class to start while your nose was in a book, pride and prejudice, it was your favorite. you loved to read, you loved to write, you loved to let your imagination flow. Imagining was a big part of your life. whenever you could you'd daydream about being a princess or a fairy or even a tree. you'd just sit in the woods and close your eyes and imagine.

Mr. Phillips barged into the classroom and all the students quieted down. "open your readers at page 15." Mr. Phillips said as he stood in front of the black board. you opened your schoolbooks and sighed softly. you'd rather stare out the window. but you were already behind so you needed to study.

at lunch you sat outside by the stream in the sunlight. you were waiting for Gilbert to join you while spinning a small flower between your fingers. you imagined it to be a magic flower that could take all pain away. you smiled as you smelled it when all of a sudden the sunlight got blocked and a shadow fell upon your skin. you looked up and smiled as you saw Gilbert. "hey" you said as he sat down with his books. "hey" he said smiling. you laid down the flower next to you and leaned back sighing. "let's get this over with" you said leaning a little closer.

Gilbert agreed to help you study when he overheard a conversation between you and Mr. Phillips, you were very grateful for his help.

"you really hate studying don't you" Gilbert said with a chuckle. "it's just so boring! and it has no scope for the imagination" you say groaning. Gilbert chuckled once again as he picked up your flower slowly sticking it behind your ear stroking your face in the process. your cheeks flushed red and so did his. "let's start with maths" he said snapping out of the moment, causing you to groan louder. "I hate maths!" you yelled "hey, the sooner you start the sooner you're done" Gilbert said smiling. "I wish I could just touch a book to know it's contents" you say pouting as you open your maths book. Gilbert chuckled as he continued to explain some sums. you listened, but your mind drifted off elsewhere. your eyes landed on Gilbert's eyes as they sparkled a beautiful hazel. your eyes went down to his mouth that was moving as he spoke. you imagined him to be a prince telling you he had to save the world from a terrible monster. suddenly you snapped out off your thoughts as Gilbert looked right back at you. "what is it? do I have something on my face?" he asked frowning slightly. "oh no. I was just imagining you had something interesting to say" you said. Gilbert led out a laugh. "Y/n I can't help you if you don't listen" he said. "oh but I try to! I just can't help it. I'd rather be exploring the forest right now." you said with a pout. "okay how about... every sum you get right you can go one minute into the forest" he said. "that sounds lame" you said. Gilbert chuckled. "I'm just trying to find something to help you here!" he said. "can you just think of something else" you said. Gilbert sighed knowing that if he didn't you'd never learn. "uhm how about... you climb a tree. with every right answer you get to go higher and every wrong answer you go down... and when you've reached the top you've won." he said with hopeful eyes. "I'll probably have to dig a hole, but fine let's do it" you said standing up. "now?" he asked. you frowned. "uhh yes. when did you wanna do it?" you asked chuckling. "after school... we'll have more time" he said. "there's no way I'm doing this after school" you said grabbing his hand and dragging him along. "besides we have almost a whole hour and the forest is right there" you said.

Gilbert followed you, wondering what he got himself into. "this tree will do" you said letting go of Gilbert's hand. "alright..." he said looking up at the tree. "okay now ask me a question." you said walking up to the tree. "okay uhm... what's 13 times 12" he asked. "uhh... 156?" you looked at Gilbert unsure. "correct. that was an easy one" he said gesturing for you to climb. you climbed up the tree as Gilbert asked more questions. you went up and down and actually had fun. "what's 14 times 4 divided by 2!?" he asked. "28! " you yelled. "correct!" he yelled back. you went higher as your foot slipped. you let out a loud squeal as you tumbled down. Gilbert widened his eyes as he threw his book to the ground and caught you causing you both the fall to the ground with a loud thud. "Y/n are you okay?" he asked. you bursted out in laughter. "that was amazing!" you yelled as Gilbert frowned. "Y/n you could've died!" he said standing up and brushing of his trousers. he stuck his hand out for you to help you. "well I'm very much alive" you said still laughing. "you have no idea how great that felt. I had this really weird feeling in my stomach!" you say. "does anything hurt?" Gilbert asked as he softly brushed your hair with his fingers pulling out a few twigs, including the small flower, which he put in his pocket when you weren't looking. "just some scratches and bruises, nothing serious" you said brushing of your arms. "we should get back class is starting soon" Gilbert said as he grabbed his books and brushed them off. "I'm sorry if I scared you" you said. "it's alright... but we're not doing that again" he said as you giggled.