My Type

it was finally spring in Avonlea. you were in class sitting in your seat staring out off the window. suddenly you get nudged in the shoulder by Diana. she hands you a note and you quickly fold it open.

wanna eat lunch together?
Gilbert

you smile and turn your head to Gilbert. you nod causing Gilbert to smile as well. you turn your focus back on the window until class is over.

"how was your weekend" Gilbert asks as you both go outside. "it was alright. how was yours?" you ask sitting down by the stream. "great" he says sitting down next to you. you smile as he hands you an apple. his hand brushed yours softly causing you both to blush. "h-how's Bash" you ask as you take a bite. "He's alright. he's happy it's finally spring" Gilbert says with a small chuckle. "well me too. this winter was freezing" you say as you hand Gilbert a strawberry tart. "lucky I was there to keep you warm" Gilbert says with a small smirk. you chuckle softly as Gilbert looks at you.

wow she's adorable.

You chat with Gilbert until lunch is over and you return to your seat after quickly pecking Gilbert's cheek. Gilbert sits down with a blush on his cheeks and his lips curled up in a smile. "how's your girlfriend bud?" Billy asks as he nudges Gilbert's shoulder. "what?" Gilbert asks frowning not really wanting to talk to Billy. "Y/n, duh" Billy says with a smirk. "s-she's not my girlfriend" Gilbert says with a nervous chuckle.

at least not yet.

"so I can walk her home?" Billy asks. Gilbert freezes causing Billy to smirk again. "Y-yea do whatever you want" Gilbert says clenching his fist. he wasn't gonna tell Billy he liked you. "thanks bud" Billy says patting Gilbert shoulder before sitting down. When the lesson started Gilbert couldn't focus. what if you liked Billy. what if you and Billy got together after this. Gilbert stared at you while you whispered in Diana's ear everytime Mr Phillips wouldn't look. he watched you giggle feeling butterflies in his stomach.

After school Billy walked up to you with a smirk on his face. Gilbert stared in your direction with a clenched jaw hoping you would reject Billy's offer. "hey Y/n" Billy smiled at you and you slightly frowned. "hi Billy" you said as you looked at him with a confused expression. "can I walk you home?" Billy asked causing you to raise your eyebrows. you'd rather walk home with Gilbert. you looked past Billy to see Gilbert quickly turning his head in the other direction. you sigh not wanting to be rude. "sure" you say with a small smile. "great" Billy said sticking out his arm for you to take. you hesitated before taking it and walking into the forest. Gilbert watched you walk away with jealousy boiling inside him.

You slowly walk home with Billy. Billy was talking about himself while you tried to listen, but it was really boring. when you finally arrived at your house you were glad he was leaving again. "thank you for walking me home" you say forcing a smile on your face. "you're welcome." Billy scratches his neck. "can I walk with you to school tomorrow" Billy asked.

not more of this excruciating torment!

but you were bad at saying no so you nodded and gulped. "great!" Billy smiled. he kissed your cheek before walking off. you internally gagged as you wiped your face with your sleeve.

the next morning Billy stood in front of your front door. you took his arm and started walking. Billy started talking again and your thoughts wandered off to Gilbert.

when you approached the schoolhouse you quickly thanked Billy. you quickly kissed his cheek and walked over to your friends not noticing Gilbert's shocked face.

did she just kiss his cheek!?
I thought she only did that with me...

you sat down in your seat and chatted with Diana until class started. normally you would get a note from Gilbert after a few minutes, but not today. you glanced over at him to see him glaring at Billy with a clenched jaw. you frowned at his behavior deciding to just talk to him at lunch, but at lunch Gilbert avoided you. He quickly walked to his friend without looking at you when you yelled his name. "Gilbert!" you yelled. you knew he heard you so you frowned. you just shrugged and sat with the girls.

when lunch was over you went up to Gilbert. "Gilbe-" before you could say anything he quickly brushed past you and went to his seat. you frowned.

did I do something?

Gilbert clenched his jaw. he hated ignoring you, but if you felt something for Billy he needed to get over his feelings for you and the only way to do that was to stop being around you. he watched you sit down with a hurt expression on your face. he immediately felt guilty but brushed it away focusing on his book. meanwhile your thoughts were spinning in your head as you stared out the window.

When class was over Gilbert shot up from his seat and quickly put on his coat. he went outside before everyone else. you wanted to go after him, but Billy grabbed your hand. "can I walk you home?" Billy asked. "n-not today Billy" you said before ripping your hand out of his grip and running out.

"Gilbert!" you yelled as you saw him walk into the woods. you started running faster. when you caught up to him you were completely out of breath. "Gilbert..." you catched your breath as you looked at Gilbert's clenched jaw. "what's wrong? why are you avoiding me?" you asked. "ask Billy" he said as he tried to walk away. you raised you eyebrows and your mouth fell slightly open. a gasp escaped your mouth. "Oh you're jealous!" you yelled causing Gilbert to turn around. you chuckled as Gilbert looked at the floor. "yes. yes I am" he said confused at why you were laughing. "I don't like Billy" you said causing Gilbert to look up. "you don't?" he asked his eyebrows were furrowed. "oh please he only ever talks about himself and he's a jerk to almost everyone" you said. "he's not my type" you added chuckling. "then who is?" Gilbert asked. you smiled looking down the floor. your cheeks flushed red. "you" you said as you looked back up again to see Gilbert's reaction. he looked at you with a smirk on his face causing you to chuckle. "does that mean you like me?" Gilbert asked with an even bigger smirk. "yes it does" you say stepping a little closer. "well I like you too" Gilbert said as he took your hand. his cheeks turned red as he stared at your lips. "I know" you said with a small smirk. Gilbert chuckled softly before cupping your face. you got impatient and just crashed your lips on his. he was a little shocked at first before kissing back. your arms wrapped around his neck and his arms wrapped around your waist. both of you overwhelmed by emotions as your lips moved together. you pulled away only to be pulled closer by Gilbert who didn't wanna stop just yet. you smiled into the kiss as your hands moved up to his curls. after what felt like hours Gilbert pulled away breathless. a huge grin on his flustered face.

"now please never let Billy walk me home ever again" you say chuckling. "no need to worry about that, love" Gilbert said as he put an arm around your shoulders.

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨

I'm so out of ideas for this book lmao.
Quarantine is killing my inspiration...