No Touching!

you're softly humming a song as you wait for your boyfriend Gilbert Blythe so you can walk to school together. it was spring and I was quite warm outside, the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze.

"morning, love," you jumped at the sudden sound, you were so deep in thoughts you didn't even see Gilbert walking up to you.

"morning, I didn't see you" you said, as you both chuckled softly. you took Gilbert's hand and quickly kissed his lips before making your way to school together.

"did you sleep well?" Gilbert asked as he squeezed your hand and looked at you with a charming smile.

"I slept great," you said, smiling back at him as butterflies erupted in your stomach. "you?"

"yea me too, although I couldn't stop thinking about you," Gilbert said as he pressed a kiss onto your cheek.

you chuckled softly as your cheeks turned red, making Gilbert's heart warm. he loved it when you blushed.

you approached the schoolhouse, still holding hands. everyone knew you two were together, you had never really told anyone... everyone just knew. mainly because of the fact that you two couldn't keep your eyes of eachother, nor your hands. whenever you were together you just had to hold hands or steal a few kisses, you couldn't help it.

Gilbert quickly pressed a kiss onto your nose before walking into the mudroom and taking of his coat. you did the same as he waited for you to finish. since class hadn't started yet, you walked over to a corner, intertwining fingers once again, just talking until class started.

"morning class, we're going outside today, so if you would all please put your coats back on and wait outside," miss Stacy said causing you to smile.

everyone started putting on their coats again including you and Gilbert, as you kept glancing at eachother.

All the students stood outside waiting for Miss Stacy. you of course stood next to Gilbert, his arm around your waist, pulling you into his side. a few students were looking at you, including some of your friends. if you could even call them friends, you never talked to them anymore, since you and Gilbert started dating. not that you talked to them alot before, Gilbert had always been your best friend, and you weren't gonna waste time talking to Josie Pye when you could also be talking to the person you love.

Miss Stacy walked out with her coat on and smiled at everyone. "now follow me please," she said excitedly as she started walking towards the forest. "oh and no touching!"

Gilbert let go of you, he pouted at you making you giggle as you took his hand, thinking Miss Stacy wouldn't notice anyway.

he squeezed your hand softly as everyone followed Miss Stacy, multiple students giggling whenever Miss Stacy said the word 'breast'

Miss stacy turned around, immediately noticing multiple students faintly touching each other's arms. she sighed. "no touching," she said, sending you and Gilbert a stern look.

Gilbert gulped as he let go off your hand, a few students giggling as they noticed, it was nothing new. that you and Gilbert got in trouble for touching or even kissing at school.

It's not that Miss Stacy liked punishing you for it, she thought you guys were a cute couple, but she had to, or she would have kissing students all the time.

as soon as Miss Stacy turned back around, Gilbert intertwined your fingers again, smirking at you as he quickly stole a kiss. students whispering and giggling, making Miss Stacy sigh.

she turned back around, her eyes immediately on you and Gilbert. "I said no touching!"

you quickly let go of Gilbert hand as your classmates started whispering and giggling once again.

you turned bright red as you nodded. Gilbert nodded as well, but with a mischievous look on his face.

"I catch you once more and you get detention. two weeks!" Miss Stacy said.

she went back to teaching as you classmates quieted down. you felt something on your back, Gilbert arms snaked around your waist, slightly pulling you into his side

"Gilbert I don't want detention," you whispered softly pushing his hand off.

"we won't get caught," Gilbert said smirking as he pecked your cheek.

everyone started giggling again even louder this time.

Miss stacy quickly span around and Gilbert jerked away from you slipping in the progress. he squealed as he fell into you causing you both to fall to the ground with a loud thud.

Miss Stacy looked at you, disappointed as all the other students were laughing. at least until you started screaming out in pain.

"get off! get off! get off!" you yelled, feeling a piercing pain in your ankle as Gilbert laid on top of it.

he quickly rolled off and everyone turned quiet. Gilbert widened his eyes as he looked at your twisted ankle. "are you okay!?" he asked touching it, making you flinch.

"what do you think?" you hissed as tears started to stream down your face.

"sorry..." Gilbert mumbled as he pulled his hand away, and just looked at it.

"can you move it Y/n?" Miss Stacy asked, kneeling down next to you.

"I-I can try." you tried to move it, but immediately yelped out in pain. Gilbert quickly grabbed your hand to comfort you, making Miss Stacy sigh.

"she'll never be able to walk like this," Anne said as she stared at you from a small distance. you nodded, biting on your lip to distract yourself from the pain.

Miss Stacy seemed deep in thought as Gilbert spoke. "I can carry her."

Miss Stacy sighed, knowing it was the only option. she nodded. "we'll take her back to the classroom."

Gilbert picked you up bridal style. you cried out in pain, making Gilbert clench his jaw. this was all his fault.

you wrapped your arms around Gilbert's neck, softly groaning in pain. he shushed you as he pressed a kiss onto your tear stained cheek.

"Gilbert," Miss stacy said sighing.

"sorry," he said chuckling causing Miss Stacy to shake her head. Gilbert smirked at you. "at least I'm allowed to touch you now," he whispered, chuckling as you rolled your eyes at him.

"shut up."