Meeting The Family

You're sitting in the living room with your family. your little brother, and your father. your mother was making dinner in the kitchen.

you would've helped but she sent you away saying you slowed her down.

suddenly she walked into the living room. "Dinner is almost ready" your mother said smiling, she then disappeared back into the kitchen.

"your boyfriend is late" your father said looking a little irritated.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon" you said hoping that was true. your boyfriend, Gilbert was supposed to meet your family today and you knew he was really nervous.

you didn't wanna worry about it because Gilbert is a sweetheart and anyone would love him, but your father was very strict and protective of you and when Gilbert's nervous he sometimes just screws up.

you remember him falling backwards into a pie on your first date. he apologized a million times but you just thought it was funny.

you impatiently started tapping your foot on the floor.

"Y/n stop that" your father said looking up from his paper.

you gulped. "sorry father" you mumbled before fiddling with your fingers.

you heard a knock on the door and you shot up from your seat running towards the door.

you opened it revealing Gilbert. he was standing there looking terrified. he had some flowers in his hand and a faint smile on his face. a sigh of relief escaped his mouth when he saw you.

"I am so sorry I'm late... I was already on my way and I realized I forgot the flowers and I-"

you cut him off with a chuckle. "don't worry about it" you said. you hugged him wrapping your arms around his neck. he wrapped his arms around your waist and held you tight for a second.

you could feel his heart pounding in his chest. he slowly pulled away from the hug and you pressed a soft kiss on his lips slowly running your fingers through his hair.

you heard someone clear their throat and you immediately parted from Gilbert.

your father was standing in front of you and he wasn't looking very amused. you took the flowers from Gilbert and gave him a reassuring look.

there was panic in his eyes as he looked at your father. "I'm Gilbert Blythe. it's a pleasure to meet you sir" Gilbert said sticking his hand out.

your father shook it and it looked like he almost crushed Gilbert's hand. Gilbert gulped not knowing if he should say something. "we were waiting for you... dinner is served already" your father said with a straight face.

your father walked into the kitchen in front of you and you grabbed Gilbert's hand gently squeezing it. he looked over at you and you nodded.

you let go of his hand and went into the kitchen still carrying the flowers. "oh, you must be Gilbert!" your mother smiled and walked towards him.

"yes ma'am. it's a pleasure to meet you," Gilbert said smiling back.

"and you," your mother said.

"Gilbert brought us these flowers" you say handing them to your mother.

"oh how very kind of you. won't you sit down I'll be right back" your mother walked away to put the flowers in a vase and your little brother walked in.

"hi! I'm y/b/n" he said smiling. Gilbert smiled and bend down shaking your brother's small hand.

"it's nice to meet you y/b/n, I'm Gilbert" he said and your brother smiled.