Safe With Me pt. 2

You wake up fully rested for the first time in weeks. you put on your blue dress and tie your hair up in a matching ribbon.
you walk downstairs and see your mother sitting at the kitchen table. you start shaking and make her breakfast. she doesn't say a word. she just looks at you with disgust in her eyes. you give her her breakfast, grab some bread and leave the kitchen.
"you worthless bitch! you forgot my drink" you hear your mother say. you rush back in and pour her some milk. you turn back around and walk out. "have a good day mom"
no response.
you walk through the beautiful forest en feel tears streaming down your face. you look at the cut in your hand. why was she doing this? you feel someone tap your shoulder. it's Gilbert. you quickly hide your hand and wipe your tears.
"h-hey" you say smiling. he looks at you.
"are you crying?" he asks and he frowns. he looks in your eyes.
"it's probably just the wind" you say putting a smile on your face.
"alright" he says and your hand brushes against his. you quickly pull your hand away so he won't feel your wound. he looks a little disappointed.
when you approach the schoolhouse everybody is already inside.
he opens the door for you and you take off your hat and coat. you smile at him before quickly sitting down at your desk. you open your book and focus on class. you look at Gilbert and he smiles at you. you smile back and feel your cheeks turn pink.
at lunch you sit at the same spot as the day before. your stomach hurts when you sit.
"hey y/n" Gilbert walks up to you.
"I brought you another apple" he smiles.
"thank you, that's really sweet" you say smiling.
"can I walk you home again after school?" he asks while looking into your eyes.

what if he sees my wound?

"I don't know" you say looking down.
"please?" he asks looking like a puupy dog.
"okay fine" you say not able to resist those sparkling eyes.
"great!" he says smiling again. he stares into your eyes.
"you're beautiful" he slowly tucks your hair behind your ear.
"T-thanks... but I'm not" you feel yourself turning bright red. you stand up.
"I'll see you after class" you walk towards the schoolhouse taking a bite of your apple. it was even sweeter than the one you had yesterday. your stomach hurts with every step you take. you sit down at your desk and open your book just waiting for class to start again. class was boring like every other day but you wanted it to last forever. so you wouldn't have to go home. judging by this morning your mother wasn't in a very good mood.
"class dismissed" Mr Phillips said.
you got up from your seat and quickly grabbed your coat and hat. you saw Gilbert outside waiting for you.
"hi Gilbert" you say smiling.
"hey y/n. I was wondering if you wanted to stop by for tea?" he asks smiling.
"oh I can't mother wouldn't let me"
you say with a sad smile.
"oh" he says looking down. he looks a little disappointed.
"uhm we should get going. I can't be late" you say and you start walking.
"would it be so bad if you were late?" he asks chuckling. you stop walking and look at your hand. "yes"
"why?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows.
"I just can't be late" you start walking again. Gilbert now walks on your left side. the side where you don't have a cut in your hand. you decide to be bold and just grab his hand. he looks at you and smirks. you chuckle.
you guys walk in in silence enjoying the sounds of the woods. the wind blowing through the trees and the crunching leaves under your shoes.
when you're at the edge of the forest you turn to face Gilbert.
"thanks for walking with me" you smile softly. he smiles back.
"Y/n can I tell you something" he asks and he looks down at the floor.

what if he knows about my mom?

you get a little nervous. "s-sure"
he keeps his eyes on the floor as he opens his mouth to speak.
"I-" he looks at you his cheeks turning a pink shade. "I uhm"
you look at him. . "Gilbert please just be quick I can't be late"
he gives up on talking and steps closer. he touches your waist causing you to flinch at the pain his sudden touch causes you. He quickly pulls away his hand. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" you look at him with wide eyes. what if he noticed that you were in pain.
"I should really be going now Gilbert" you say before quickly running off.

**

Gilbert looks at you as you run towards the front door.

did I scare her? I shouldn't have touched her. I'm so stupid.

he starts to walk back home as he sees some beautiful wildflowers. he stops and looks at them. he picks a few of the nicest ones and put them into a beautiful bouquet.

I should apologize to her with some flowers.

he turns back around and walks to your house. he can see you through the window.

wow she's beautiful.

then he sees your mother. she looks furious. he watches the horror behind the glass and listens to the muffled screaming.
"First you are late from school and then you burn my toast!" he watches as your mother slaps you across the face. "I'm sorry mother!" tears are rolling down your face.
"You worthless bitch! you're not getting any food tonight and no breakfast either!" your mother says.
"but mother it was an acciden-"
"Get out of my kitchen!" she says and she pushes you to the ground.
Gilbert stands there in front of the window. he clenches his jaw.

I didn't scare her I probably just touched a bruise... why didn't she tell me? I guess she'll tell me when she's ready... for now I should just make her feel loved and save.

he turns back around. now is not the time for flowers. with clenched fists and tears in his eyes he makes his way to his house.

she doesn't deserve this.

the next moring Gilbert gets up early. he grabs two apples and makes his way to the forest with the flowers he picked yesterday. he sits down at the edge of the forest waiting for you. when he sees you walking out the door he jumps up. he waits before you're close to him and then he jumps in front of you.
"Good morning beautiful" he smiles trying to hide the fact he knows what happened.
"Oh my god Gilbert you scared me!" you say chuckling.
"I got you an apple. well I got you two. one for now and one for lunch and these flowers" he hands you wildflower bouquet and the two apples with a cute smile.
"thank you" you say smiling. you're light headed and trembling from not eating so you take a bite right away.
"Y/n I want to apologize for touching you yesterday" he says looking into your eyes. "I didn't mean to scare or hurt you and I'm just really sorry"
you look at him tears forming in your eyes. "Gilbert I need to tell you something." you say and you stand still. "I didn't flinch because I didn't want you to touch me. I flinched because I have a bruise on my stomach." you look at the floor and he takes both your hands causing you to flinch again. he looks at the cut. his eyes widen. "did you clean that?"
"of course I did" you say.
"Y/n I know about your mother." he says and looks up at your face again. "I saw. when I went by to bring you those flowers."
you freeze. your eyes widen and you start to panic.
"Y/n I want you to know that I'm here for you. I want to help you. if you'll let me" he says with a soft tone.
"why? why do you want to help me? I'm worthless everyone knows it" you start feeling light headed again. Gilbert slowly traces a finger over your face. "because I love you"
"you what!? Gilbert I need to sit down right now" you say trembling. "I didn't eat since yesterday at lunch."
Gilbert helps you sit down and then sits down next to you.
tears are running down your face. Gilbert slowly puts his arm around you. you start to feel tired because of all the lack off sleep. you lay your head on his shoulder.
"Gilbert I'm so tired" you say still crying your eyes out.
"I know" he says pulling you closer.
"we're skipping school today" he says with a soft smile. you look at him. and you nod.
"you deserve so much better than this" he says stroking your hair.
"t-thank you Gilbert ... and I love you too" you say before slowly dozing of in Gilberts arms. Gilbert just smiles and he softly kisses you're forehead.
"you're safe with me y/n"

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨