I Panicked

your sitting on the edge of the forest waiting for your best friend Gilbert so you can walk to school together. you look around you to see all the beautiful autumn colors as you hear footsteps in the distance. "sorry I'm late" you turn to see Gilbert with a smile on his face. "it's alright but we have to hurry" you say standing up and linking your arms. "how was your weekend?" you ask as you walk to the school with a quick pace. "it was alright. I just worked on the farm with Bash" Gilbert says as he gives you a smile. "how was your weekend?" he asks. "I baked a pie." you say chuckling. "that's it?" he asks as he chuckles. "yea it was pretty boring" you say as you think about your weekend. "wouldn't have been boring if I was there" Gilbert says and you nudge his shoulder. "true" you say as you let out another chuckle.

you approach the schoolhouse to see you're late. everyone is inside already. "prepare yourself for a scolding" you say chuckling. "I'm really sorry for being so late" Gilbert says as he opens the door. "it's alright" you say and you walk into the classroom. all eyes are on you. you quickly hang up your coat and take a seat. "Miss L/n and Mr Blythe why are you late?" Mr Phillips asks with an irritated voice. "it was my fault sir" Gilbert says sitting down as well. "well don't let it happen again." Mr Phillips says as he looks at you and Gilbert. you both nod hearing some classmates whisper and giggle. you focus on the lesson while Gilbert stares at you. you of course don't notice but he looks at you with sparkling eyes for the entire lesson thinking about how beautiful you look. how you bite your pencil when you're thinking or how you constantly tuck your hair behind your ear only for it to fall into your face again.

Gilbert was in love with you and he had been for quite a while now. and he decided that he was gonna tell you today after school. his heart started beating faster only thinking about it but he knew he had to tell you. he stared at you for some longer until it was lunch time. He watched you quickly close your book and jump out of your seat. you walked over to him and smiled at him. "wanna eat lunch together?" you asked with a grin. "sure" Gilbert said smiling. he started getting nervous again as you dragged him outside. you sit down next to the stream and start eating. you notice Gilbert fiddling with his fingers. "what's up with you?" you ask with a frown. "w-what do you mean" he asks as he looks at you. "you're quiet. and not eating anything. here have a piece of pie" you sat while handing him some pie. "thanks and I'm just tired I guess" Gilbert says looking at the floor. "hmm okay" you say as you take a bite. you both eat in quiet as Gilbert's heart keeps racing. "we should get back class is almost starting" you say grabbing your stuff and standing up. you turn around but Gilbert grabs your wrist. he looks at his hand and then let's go with a blush on his cheeks. "I uhh have to talk to you after class." he says looking at the floor. "okay" you say with a smile as you start walking towards the schoolhouse. Gilbert watches you walk and his eyes sparkle again as he sees you smile at some of the girls. He notices he's staring and quickly walks over to the schoolhouse as well with red cheeks.

In class Gilbert can't focus. He's staring at you while his head is leaning on his arm . He gets nudged in his shoulder by Charlie causing his head to drop. "what?" he whisper-shouts at Charlie. "you need to stop staring man" Charlie whispers chuckling. Gilbert's cheeks turn red once again he rolls his eyes and turns his focus back to you until class is over. He immediately goes outside to wait for you. When you walk towards him his heart starts beating faster and his face lits up at your smile. "what did you wanna tell me?" you ask. "oh uhh yea can we go to a place a little more private?" he asks looking at the floor. "sure" you say walking towards the forest and Gilbert follows you. "so uhm..." Gilbert starts fiddeling with his fingers as he looks at his feet. "I uhm Im... in love...with..." you look at him with curiosity in your eyes wondering who he's talking about. Gilbert completely panics. "Anne!" he almost shouts. his eyes widen as he immediately regrets what he just said. You're eyes widen and you squeal. "oh my you're in love with Anne!?" you smile wide. "oh please let me help you" you squeal. Gilbert gulps while his heart slowly breaks at your enthusiasm. he frowns and nods not really knowing what to do. he doesn't say a word on the way home and you ramble about your plan to get them together. Gilbert doesn't really listen he keeps mentally scolding himself for screwing up so bad. "Gilbert are you even listening?" you ask as you wave your hand in his face. "uhh I wasn't... sorry. I'm tired" he says as he looks at you. "well get some rest Gil. I'll see you tomorrow" you kiss his cheek and walk the other way towards your house while Gilbert makes his way to his house with a blush on his cheeks and tears in his eyes.