Can't Hide It

"N/n!" Gilbert yells as he approaches you in the woods. a smile present on his face.

"morning Gilbert!" you smile at him as your heart skips a beat looking at his sparkling eyes.

"ready to go?" Gilbert asks as he gestures to the path in front of you leading to the schoolhouse. "we can't be late."

you nod softly as you start walking. you don't say anything, you just walk, feeling your heart beating in your chest just like you always did near Gilbert. you had fallen hopelessly in love with him, your best friend.

"did you sleep well?" Gilbert asks looking at you up and down with questioning eyes.

you felt your cheeks flush a light shade of pink and quickly nodded. "I slept fine, you?"

Gilbert chuckled softly as he saw your red cheeks. he'd suspected for a long time that you liked him. most of the time he'd tell himself it was wishful thinking, but now he knew for sure that you're blushing. "I stayed up late studying, " he said scratching the back of his neck.

"again? you need to rest Gil." you said frowning.

"but I'm behind." Gilbert said softly chuckling. "you don't have to worry about me N/n." he put an arm around you and pulled you into his side, smiling.

you felt your knees go week at his touch and that nickname. "I- I'm your best friend, of course I worry about you," you said as you tried to hide your blush.

"well there's no need to, I'm not even that tired," Gilbert said as he slowly rubbed your shoulder. his cheeks were now also bright red.

"were here" he said as you approached the schoolhouse.

you groaned softly. "can we go back home now?" you asked causing Gilbert to chuckle.

"school isnt that bad," he said as he pulled his arm away.

"that's because you're smart! and because Mr. Phillips doesn't hate you!" you whined as you walked in, missing the warmth of Gilbert's arm already.

Gilbert chuckled shaking his head. he hung up his coat. "I'll see you at lunch N/n," he said before walking over to his desk.

you walked over to yours and sat down next to Josie. she rolled her eyes at you and moved further away. you ignored her and grabbed your schoolbooks, waiting for class to start.

during class you suddenly got nudged in the shoulder by Josie. "what?" you hissed, looking up from your book.

"give this to Billy," Josie whispered as she handed you a small note and gestured towards Billy.

you sighed as you waited for a good moment. "Billy!" you whisper-shouted as you leaned over. he frowned as he took the note from you.

Gilbert turned around when he heard your voice and saw. frowning he turned back to his book, wondering why on earth you were exchanging notes with Billy. he failed to see that the note wasn't yours.

Lunch time arrived so you stood up and grabbed your things. you walked towards the door only to be stopped by Josie.

"were playing a game!" she yelled with a smirk, gesturing to the side. "everyone sit down."

"we don't wanna play stupid games Josie," Moody said as he tried to push past her.

"oh come on it'll be fun!" Billy said smirking aswell.

they pushed everyone to the side and they all sat down in a circle. you sighed as you took a seat next to Gilbert giving him a look.

Josie stood in the middle of the circle as she told everyone were to sit."we're playing spin the bottle. you must spin the bottle and whoever it lands on you are permitted to kiss, it must be boy girl."