Chapter Nineteen: One Last Try

It was a tearful farewell for Elizabeth. Even when they get onto the plane, Elizabeth couldn't hold her tears in. For her, it is like the first time she is leaving her family behind and moving to another city for work. Where it is exciting to have her job back and she was livid to move in with Leo, she couldn't stop thinking about her family. Since a big chunk of her memory was erased – the last thing she remembered was the time she was spending with her mother and father. She was upset to leave her father alone, even when Silas and Marcus are with him. She feels like she is leaving him on his own.

Leo held her hand all the way to Chicago where she is about her new life – but for Leo, he has been through this. He might have lived with her before, he remembered more about their relationship than her, and at some level, he is scared – not of Elizabeth finding her away out of love for him, but for things not going as he plans – because for him it never does. There are always obstacles and hardships. This time there is a minor difference, he has Elizabeth by his side.

Elizabeth is a daughter of a billionaire. She has seen luxuries all her life. Even when she made it on her own for most of the time, her life was still very different from Leo's. Leo never lived in mansions, he never had parents who could spend thousand yet alone millions on him – even when he was a kid. It took him ten years to repair most of his student loans – he is still not fully free from them. There have been times when he survived on frozen pizzas and ramen. This was all normal for him, but Elizabeth – she is different than him.

It worries Leo if she will be able to adjust to a two-bedroom apartment. She will not be just spending some of her time here, this is her home now. Love for your partner isn't the only thing that keeps two people with each other – a lot of different matters take part in it. Being very different from each other, Leo is scared that trying to be as close to each other might drive them apart.

Where Leo ponders over this fact, he couldn't get what Silas told him about Sean. Even when Silas asked him to worry about it – Leo couldn't help but worry. Maria has been through a lot in her life and as his brother, Leo doesn't think he can see her suffer more. She had enough. Silas promised Leo to keep him updated about the situation. If Sean even tried to touch Maria, Leo will end him. He is protective of his sister and wants her to be happy. He is ready to fight anymore who tries to be a barrier to her happiness.

"You are overthinking again," Elizabeth's voice dragged Leo out of his thoughts. Leo has been sitting on his bed that he so badly missed, which he will miss some more because Leo spends more time on his dingy call rooms mattresses than on the one he has at home – and that's another fact that is bothering him. Will Elizabeth be okay with his long absences and uncertain departures for his duty?

Elizabeth chuckled and got off the floor, where she was unpacking, and jumped on the bed. She rested her head on his shoulder and heaved a sigh, "What is going on in your head?" She asked.

Leo smiled and wrapped his arm around her, gently pulling her closer to him. "Why do you think I am overthinking?" He asked amusingly.

Elizabeth rested her head on his shoulder, "Because when you are overthinking, you get this scowl on your face." She mimicked him by screwing up her face in a dramatic scowl. Leo laughed at her. Elizabeth chuckled, "It will give you wrinkles. You are already getting old, Leo. It will be easy to wrinkle your skin," Elizabeth said jokingly.

Leo narrowed his eyes at her while she smirked, "Oh, I am getting old – am I?" He asked slowly.

Elizabeth grinned and nodded her head, "Yes," She replied. "It is time you start using a night cream," She added jokingly.

Leo raised his eyebrow, "Oh, really?" He asked her again to which she nodded her head – trying hard to suppress a smile on her face.

A devious smile stretched on Leo's face as he squinted his eyes. "I will show you how old I am getting," Leo spoke lowly.