Holiday Special: Marcus And Charlie

MARCUS AND CHARLIE: NETFLIX AND CHILL

"Dad, your hair is so short," Kathie mumbled as she struggled to put her tiny clip in Marcus's hair. Lately, Kathie has developed this obsession for long hair. She isn't very happy that Charlie got her hair short and can't wait for Ella to grow up so she could have long hair as well. She also asked her dad to grow his hair longer. Right now, she is trying to make her father's hair look pretty but is failing miserably because Marcus's hair is short.

Marcus smiled, "I am sorry, my love." Marcus replied to Kathie, who decided to give up on her dad's hair and lay on the couch behind him. She was on the couch, while Marcus was sitting down on the floor, trying to work on his laptop, but his daughter keep pulling his hair.

"Kathie, your pancakes are ready," Charlie announced from the kitchen. Kathie gasped as soon as she heard her mother and threw her fist in the air, "YES!" she yelled and jumped off the couch. She nearly tripped to which Marcus clicked his tongue, "Kathie, be careful." He gently scolded her, but she didn't care. She only giggled and ran to the kitchen.

Now that Kathie went to eat her breakfast, Marcus finally had the time to write the email, but just then he and Charlie heard Ella crying on the baby's monitor. She was finally up. Marcus glanced at Charlie, who was feeding Kathie. "I got it!" He announced and quickly closed his laptop and rushed to get his daughter. The image of his daughters crying alone in the room when they are downstairs doesn't sit well for Marcus, so as soon as he hears their cries – he rushes towards them.

Ella's cries get loud as he opened the door and saw her lying in her cot – punching her fist and kicking in the air, "Hey, dada's here. It's okay, baby, I am here." Marcus quickly strode to his daughter and held her in his arm. It pained him to see tears in her small eyes. "Oh, I am sorry. Did I take too long to get my girl?" He mumbled against her cheeks as he kissed the tears away.

Just like Kathie, Ella is also a dad's girl. She immediately went silent when Marcus held her in his arms and placed her cheek on his shoulder. "Good morning," He cooed to her and swing from side to side. Whenever Marcus is at home when his girls wake up in the morning, he is the one that goes to get them. Kathie is now old enough to come downstairs on her own, but when she was younger, Marcus would go get her from her room. "Are you hungry?" He asked Ella, who didn't understand a word her father said to her, but that didn't stop her from smiling at him.

Charlie smile proudly at Kathie as she ate her pancakes on her own. She looked down at Bear, who was also busy eating his breakfast. "Kathie, you finish those pancakes, okay? Don't give them to Bear," She pointed her finger at Kathie, who grinned and nodded her head. Kathie and Bear work like a team, when Kathie can't finish her food – Bear is always around her to eat what is left. Charlie chuckled at her and kissed her on the head before she decided to go and check on Marcus and Ella. He has been up there for a few minutes, and it is awfully quiet.

She quickly climb upstairs and saw the door to Ella's nursey ajar. She smiled when she walked near and heard Marcus's soft mumble. She didn't want to disturb the moment, so she wordlessly peeked into the room. Marcus stood in the middle of the room with their daughter in his arm, talking to her while she smiled at his father.

"I can get used to this," Charlie spoke as she heaves a sigh and leaned again the doorframe. Ella glanced at her mother and let out a shriek, but she didn't let go of her father. Marcus also turned around and chuckled at his wife, "You said this before as well," He reminded her as he walked towards her with their daughter in his arm.

Charlie smiled and nodded her head – she remember telling him this before – right after Ella was born. Marcus had Ella lying on his chest and Kathie was helping Charlie set Ella's nursery. There is a reason why Charlie is always saying this to him. She always thinks about the very beginning of their meeting, when Charlie first met Marcus, when she first saw Kathryn, when Marcus was like a block of ice to her, when she first started to work for him. She would not have believed it if someone would have told her about her future. She would have laughed if they told her that one day Marcus will marry here and together they will build a beautiful family. This all seems like a dream and no matter how much time passes, she can never get in enough of it.