Chapter Thirty-Six: A Sweet Welcome

A week went by since Owen was brought back home. Although his health was continuously deteriorating but felt better than he did throughout his treatment. He had all his family here. His grandkids, daughters-in-law, and even Silas's dog were here. It felt like home. Owen is too weak to get out of his bed, but he likes to hear Kathie play, while Ella and Ezra babble a lot. He is too sick to carry them, but Silas and Marcus often sit beside him with the kids while Owen watches them.

His kids have arranged a caretaker for him, but that was useless because no matter how much Owen asks his kids and daughters-in-law, they never listen and are always around him – helping him, feeding him, giving him his medicines, and everything. They all even have dinner in Owen's room each night as a family, because he can't come to the table – he can hardly make it to the bathroom on his own – his sons are always there to help him. Moments like this make him thankful for the beautiful life he had spent with his family, but it also makes him sad that he will not be able to watch his grandchildren grow old.

Today, Leo was flying to London along with Liam. Elizabeth already talked with her family before the two arrives. She told them that she has been thinking about asking Leo to legally adopt Liam. She told Owen that she had asked Leo to bring Liam here, especially so he could meet her father. Owen couldn't be prouder of his daughter. Owen was lucky to see Elizabeth grow into such a responsible and considerate woman.

Elizabeth has always been a person who was afraid of commitments. She didn't like children. She didn't think she would be having her own – but things changed as she spend more time with her nieces and nephew – and then everything got more prominent to her when she met Liam. She doesn't think she is still that close to the boy, but she knows that he has a special place in her heart and she doesn't want to see Liam live with some other family.

"Guys, remember, when Liam comes here – please, make him feel welcome and PLEASE, don't overdo it. He is just ten, but I swear he is too smart. He will catch on to it. Just don't make him feel like he is new here, make him feel like he has always been a part of us, okay?" She asked everyone in the room.

"Okay," Everyone replied in a union.

Marcus chuckled as he witnesses his sister getting anxious over Liam. Charlie, who sat beside Marcus, looked at him and nudged him with her elbow. Marcus looked at Charlie who was shaking her head at him, "Don't laugh, she is very nervous. You will make it harder for her." She whispered. Marcus smiled and sighed before he glanced at Elizabeth who was lecturing Silas about something while Silas rolled his eyes at her and Maria laughed. "It is funny for things evolved for Elizabeth. First, it was just her – she had to come first. Then she met Leo, and everything was about him and now, Liam. She didn't even talk about Leo once. I like this Elizabeth," Marcus pointed out.

Charlie smiled and nodded her head. Marcus was right. Elizabeth has changed – especially since she met Liam and started to spend more time with him. "I, honestly, never thought I would see Elizabeth care for a child like this. She has always been so afraid of having one but just look at her now. She is slowly starting to embrace motherhood. I am happy for her," Charlie replied to which Marcus smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder while Charlie rested her head on Marcus's shoulder and sighed. She wished she could pause their lives once Leo and Liam get here. No one leaves. No one to be missed. No one to be cried for. She can only wish...

In the evening, Leo and Liam finally arrived in London. Leo was nervous to make Liam meet the Harrisons – he doesn't know if Liam will be accepted into the family. Only if he knew how excited everyone was to welcome Liam into the family. Liam was more nervous than Leo. When they reached Harrison's residence – Liam held onto Leo's hand and refused to let out. He hid behind Leo as they walked inside. "It will be fine, Liam. They are good people. You will like them," Leo told Liam as he ruffled his head – while hoping his words are true. He knows Harrisons are good people, indeed, but Liam is Mia's son – he doesn't know if they will accept a child into the family whose mother is in prison for attempting to hurt Elizabeth.