Chapter Two: Charlie In Labor

Marcus was sitting in a hustling bustling coffee shop – it was nine in the morning therefore, the coffee shop was filled with customers. He didn't want to be here but he had to – it was going to be the last time when he will see Elna. He had done what she asked of him. He got her a job. Initially, she had asked him to give her a job at his company but he couldn't take the chance of ruining his and Charlie's relation even more, so he agreed to recommend her to a few other companies – he has done it. Elna was selected for interviews in these companies and this is all Marcus was going to do. If she wants a job – she has to prove her credibility to them – it was her job, not his. Marcus glanced at his wristwatch and clicked his tongue – irritated with Elna – she was late. Marcus wasn't going to waste his time here and get late for his meeting. He had to return home so that he could take Charlie for her checkup – she was supposed to conceive yesterday and now that she was already a day late – she was getting more and more uncomfortable. Marcus didn't tell her that he was going to see Elna today – even for the last time. She was already really upset with him and he doesn't want to make things more complicated between them.

Charlie was on bed rest and she hated it. She thought she would be holding a beautiful baby girl by now but her sweet little girl was taking her time and was making her mother more and more uncomfortable. Charlie sighed as a small smile stretched on her face when she thought about her unborn daughter before her eyes went to Katie – who was sleeping on Charlie and Marcus's bed. Charlie softly ran her fingers through Katie's hair. She couldn't wait for Katie to meet her little sister. Her smile slowly faded as she thought how wonderful and joyous this was supposed to be – only if the threat of losing Marcus wasn't here. Charlie wants to be happy but she couldn't do it. Each time she tries to think positive – Elna's face comes to her mind – making her forget everything good around her.

While Charlie was resting in her room, Maria was downstairs – sitting in the living room with Ezra. Silas did spend the night at Marcus's place but he went home early to get dressed so that he could go to the office. Maria didn't feel good that Silas was living away from Ezra but Charlie needed her. Silas didn't complain but Maria knows that he didn't like it when Maria decided to extend her stay with Marcus and Charlie till they get married – which was in a month. Maria thought that it wouldn't be so difficult but turns out – she needs Silas more than he needs her. Maria didn't realize when Silas became her support system. He has been doing so much for her and Ezra and she only realized after she was away from him. Her disability wasn't helping her either – it was hard for her to take care of Ezra without help. Silas had asked Maria to hire help just to take care of Ezra and she doesn't know why but they thought of another person taking care of her child because she is unable to hurt her more. She looks down at Ezra – who sits on her lap. Maria softly kissed his head and sighed, "Forgive mama for giving her a hundred percent, honey. Mama is trying – she is trying too hard but she is powerless," she spoke softly. Ezra widened his small eyes before he let out a squeal and tried to laugh. Maria chuckled at her son and kissed her head again. He was at such a perfect age – he didn't under a word she said – he doesn't know what is happening around – he is unaware of all the problems and worries of the world. Maria hopes for his son to live such a life forever.

"I know, Mr. Alby – I was there. But believe me – you don't have to worry about anything. I will make sure that everything goes smoothly," Silas talked to his client on his phone while he waited in his car outside a restaurant – he was talking to Mr. Ably while his eyes were fixed on the exit of the restaurant – he has been waiting for the past hour. Mr. Alby sighed, "Alright, Silas – I am counting on you." He said before he hung up the phone. Silas has been very disturbed lately. It wasn't because now he was a father – he never thought of his son to be a distraction – but it was something else. Sometimes he wonders if he is exaggerating but then how many times can it be a coincidence – that he has seen Sean around his place and at the places he often takes Maria to. Sean never interacts with them but he is there – sometimes having dinner in the same restaurant as them. Other times, he saw him around his house. But when he saw him around his new house that has some work going on in it – his doubts were confirmed – there was no doubt left in his mind – Sean was stalking them or worse – he was talking Maria.