18

---

"please tell me you weren't walking that whole time" he says, voice robotic from being inside the suit. Taking a deep breath as he takes off and I am not touching the ground. I hesitate before answering

"well I did jog a bit but yeah I didn't get a taxi" he stays silent and flies quicker in the sky pass my apartment making me frown. But looking down was not good as now I am starting to freak out.

Which is weird I am not scared of heights

The more I look out at the night sky, littered with stars, the more I see myself floating in the wormhole.

And I left my anxiety tablets at home

Just close your eyes Y/n

I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping to stop my trembling. But that just made me feel more blind, more vulnerable.

"T-tony where a-re we going" I stutter, hands starting to sweat and shake. I hesitantly open my eyes again, to escape my mind. 

My breath catches as I feel it...

The cold metal around my skin

The lack of oxygen threatening to pull me away

The feeling of complete hopelessness as I fall backwards

"Stark Tower, so I can get you properly stitched up, Bruce is there too so he can help" he says. Bringing me back to reality, completely unaware that I am panicking. I tighten my grip around his neck, pulling myself closer to his suit. Instead of closing my eyes or staring out at the night sky, I stare at glow of the arc reactor, hoping it would distract me or better calm me down.

deep breath in

deep breath out

Hearing the thud, of the ironman suit landing. I continue to stare at his arc reactor, zoning out as his machines start to take his suit off.

"You know it's rude to stare" Tony says as his helmet is removed. I look up at him, then feel the robot trying to take off his chest plate, so I adjust my arms to allow it to do so.

"Sorry" I mumble looking away. I then realize I was still holding on to Tony for dear life, he notices too. And gives me a small smile, still carrying me inside the building.

I clear my throat and get out of his arms and walk toward the closest chair and sit down, still trying to calm down my breathing.

"Are you ok? Sorry I didn't know you're afraid of heights" he says walking toward me. I shrug, not really paying attention.

Just breath

in

and 

out

"I have been stabbed for like 2nd time in the same day, Tony. I just want to go home and sleep" I sigh, finally getting myself to calm down. He nods and picks me up again bridle style making me confused.

"I can't patch you up, here this is my floor I need to get you to the lab where Bruce is, pre warning its under construction so it won't look too flashy" he says. As I place my arms around his neck.

"I'm sure I will be impressed either way" I say he chuckles making me smile softly feeling the vibration ripple through his body.

"Jarvis take us to Bruce" he calls to his AI.

"Is it really necessary for you to carry me, I can walk?" I say feeling like a burden and hoping I am not to heavy.

"Please, I have always wanted to fulfill my hero's dream of carrying a beautiful damsel in distress" he says. I hit is arm making him chuckle.