62

A/n: Hopefully you enjoy this chapter, please feel free to vote and comment, Also sorry for the late update, schools is back for me and we had a school camp, anyway enough excuses. Thank you while I was away we reached over 5k viewers! 

trigger warning: this chapter contains mild mentions of abuse. 

Underline = other end of a phone call

bold = written on a card

italics = flashbacks.

-----------------------

"I didn't know you lived in DC" Steve says, after I changed and Nat had made us all coffees. "I don't actually live here" Nat says. Steve hesitates taking a sip "Please don't tell me we broke into someone's home" Steve says. Making me start laughing, I look up at him, in between laugs. "Steve she had a key to get in" I say.

Nat smiles chuckling "I mean, it is only temporary while I have a mission here" Nat says. Steve nods, smiling slightly before looking over to Nat "Sorry I assumed that" He says. I smirk, then Nat hands me a phone. To which I tilt my head at "Burner phone, therefore not bugged" She says. I nod and take the phone before dialling Maria's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ria"

"Y/n? Oh thank God, are you ok?"

"Yes I am pretty good considering, but whats happening?"

"Ok, well don't freak out but-

"Don't start with don't freak out, that makes me freak out about what you are going to say"

"Well, they have Jess" Feeling my throat dry, I grip the phone tighter

"Whose they?" I ask, trying to stay focused.

"SHIELD, Rumlow took her, before you arrived"

"How? Dean and Jacob they-"

"They made it seem like you wanted to see Jess"

I chuckle "Thats a bullshit excuse, well what is being done to get her back?"

"I.. am preoccupied, but Stark is on it, along with Jacob and Dean"

"What do you mean preoccupied, Ria thats our sister!" I reply agitated, she stays silent for a moment.

I sigh "Fine, I will contact Tony" I say hanging up.

"Whats going on Y/n" Nat asks, I glance at her before dialling Tony's number. "SHIELD has my sister"

"Hello?"

"Has your sister? What did Maria do?" Nat asks. I look at her pressing mute on the phone. "Not Maria, my step sister Jessica, they took her before I went with them" I say before unmuting the phone

"Stark you there?"

"Hill? Is that you?" humming in response he continues
"Great I have been trying to contact you, anyway I suppose you heard about Jess"

"Yeah, I just heard from Maria, Whats the plan?"

"Well, it would be best if we discussed in person, where can I meet you?"

Looking to Nat and Steve, who both look at me confused. "Tower City Centre Mall, we will be in the electronics store" I say hanging up.

Placing the phone down on the counter I walk away and go to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. Splashing water on my face, I look up into the mirror. "Its ok, she'll be fine. She's 16 they won't harm her" I mutter, trying to convince myself.