41

"Jane I need you to stay calm" Frigga continues trying to calm Jane who is panicking. I step back from the window and walk over to Jane and Frigga

"More ships are still flying toward us, the border has been dispersed, they are getting in easily now" I say to Frigga, who looks at me briefly before down at Jane.

"Y/n how are you so calm?" Jane asks me turning to me, the fear evident on her face. I look at her and sigh taking a seat next to her and placing my hand on top of hers.

"Jane I am terrified" I admit avoiding eye contact and staring at the gun in my other hand. We have been in Frigga's quarters for the past thirty minutes and the palace has been trembling and shaking as more damage is done to the exterior of the Palace. The sound of blasters shooting from aircrafts and from handheld weapons drowns at the sounds of my own thoughts as we listen to the screams and yell of the dying guards coming from beneath us.

Jane goes to say something but then tilts her head curious and confused, I then smell the obnoxious smell of burning metal and flesh, dread fills my body as I then hear footsteps approaching the door.

Jane spins around to the doorway, I stand gripping tightly to my gun as I step protectively in front of Jane and Frigga stands next to me. A man? I suppose is a man steps into the room, skin pale and silver with black drapes and armour covering majority of his body and with a matching black headpiece wrapped around his forehead. His eyes dark and the emotion protruding his face is enough to make the colour drain from my face. 

"Stand down, creature, and you may still survive this" Frigga says walking around toward the alien, who follow her movement walking with stiff movements.

"I have survived worse, woman" The creature replies, I look anxiously back at Jane who has since stood up and moved toward the back of the room. Frigga and the creature continue to walk toward each other, I swallow thickly and look toward the creature and clear my throat in an attempt to appear threatening

"Who are you?" I ask moving forward, getting the adrenaline moving around my body, neglecting the fear and keeping my posture poised and ready.

"I am Malekith. And I would have what is mine" The creature replies looking to me, then to Frigga who is merely in front of the threatening creature now. Frigga looks back to Jane who looks at me for help, my eyes widen and when the creature notices our diverted attention he goes to walk toward Jane. Stepping back toward Jane, I keep my eye on the creature whilst ensuring their is distance between him and Jane. When Malekith continues to walk closer Frigga swings her sword at him, taking him by surprised. Malekith then unsheathes his own sword. And starts fighting Frigga.

 I go to help out and take the safety off of my gun and aim it at Malekith, firing a shot at him after Frigga cuts him again. I then hear someone walk through the door, and for a split second I take my eyes of Frigga and Malekith and watch as this thing, black hardened armour/skin storms toward Frigga and pushes her off Malekith. I run up to them shoot Malekith in the stomach forcing him to the ground, the thing turns his attention to me and his master before dropping Frigga and walking toward me, I go to shoot the thing, but when the bullets bounce of his armour, I continue to walk backwards, walking into Frigga's swords that she dropped, I quickly shoot another round of bullets this time into the beats eyes as it is a form of weak spot. The beast cries and winces covering one of his eyes with one hand before blindly swinging his other hand toward me.

While the beast is distracted I pick up the sword and lunge toward the beast striking his side, I go to stab it again but with his good hand he grabs the sword pushing me backwards until my back is pressed against the wall. He then takes his other hand off his eyes and turns the sword around before plunging it into my right shoulder, I gasp and wince at the pain. Before the beast can strike me again Frigga grabs Malekith's discarded sword and strikes the creature. The creature then grabs Frigga and holds her tightly around the throat turning to face Malekith who has gotten up and snickered at our attempt.

"You have taken something, child.... Give it back" Malekith says walking toward Jane. I feel the familar burning sensation take over my body, meaning Extremis is repairing my wound. I grit my teeth and while Malekith saunters over toward Jane. I pull the sword out and lean my back against the wall while my body heals, gripping the sword tightly.

Malekith then swings his arm through 'Jane' which was actually just an illusion the whole time. I smirk and when Malekith turns back around and yells witch. I don't wait before the creature can strangle Frigga, instead I jump and lunge onto the back of the creature causing him to drop Frigga. I shove the sword down the nape of the creatures neck causing him to yell. With me still being on his back the creatures rams us back into the wall, crushing my spinal cord before flinging me across the room. I cry in pain and watch sombrely as Frigga looks to me sadly. As The creature holds a sword to Friggas back, as Malekith walks toward her ignoring me as my consciousness slips in and out.

"Where is the Aether?" He asks angry, Frigga looks to me then looks to Malekith.

"I'll never tell you" She says lastly before the creature impales her through the heart with the sword. I scream and go to crawl toward them but, my cries where not alone. Thors broken yell fills to room before blasting lightening at Malekith, causing the whole room to light up and spark, the motion sends me backwards and when I finally stop moving I black out.