59

"No"

"No? What do you mean no?"

"I mean no I don't want to see him like that, Nat" I say, Nat looks down, "It might help you find closure?" She adds, I look back in to Tony's room, seeing him fall asleep, I smile softly before turning back to Nat who has a sly grin on her face. Feeling my face heat up I roll my eyes "Alright fine, take me to see his cold corpse" "Y/n!"  "Well am I wrong?"

Walking into the room, the cold hits me almost as soon as the door opens. Stilling, I walk past Maria and Steve who leans against the wall arms crossed and frown etched in his face. Nat walks in front of me, reaching his body first. I choke back a wince, as I see him, laying motionless on the steel table, a white cloth covering most of his body.

Nat places a hand on his forehead, smoothing it over his forehead, she then retracts and walks away as does Steve who walks after her.

Staring at the body, I approach him, timidly. Cracking a small smile when I notice the small scars on his right eye from where a cat scratched him. Placing my own hand over his right eye, I sigh "Now you look like you" I mumble, before the coldness of his body forms new tears that fall from down my face. Sighing I move my hand upwards, no longer covering his eye. 

"Who the hell are you? And where the hell did you come from" Hearing his voice ring in my head, I gasp going to remove my hands from him, but instead my hands move so each hand is placed on each side of his head.

"Nick? Whats going on?"

"Either you are another Skrull or I am officially loosing my mind"

"Skrull? What the fuck is that? Its me Y/n Hill" 

"Who?"

"Y/n!" Hearing Maria's voice startles me and I gasp letting go of his head and stumbling backwards. My eyes darting around the room, dazed and confused I look to Maria who comes in front of me, grabbing my hands. "What was that? Are you ok?" She asks before gasping when she looks into my eyes. Furrowing my brows, she holds up her phone so I can see my reflection.

"Your eyes they were green?" She says. I gulp closing my eyes pressing a hand to my eyes "Nope, not today, no more magic shit today" I mumble. Hearing her confusion she then clears her throat "Look I need to take his body now, but are you all good?"

Opening my eyes I glare "Yeah I am fine Maria, my eyes just turned a different shade and while I was looking at a dead body" I scoff walking away and out the door, shaking my head trying to rid the dizziness that episode caused. 

As if on cue, a slip of paper appears in my hand

Interesting, relax it is the time stone trying to connect with you. After your mission meet me

Rolling my eyes I stuff the slip of paper in my pocket and catch up with Nat and Steve who seem to be having a staring contest. Hearing me approach Nat turns to me, to which I point at her "Nat loss, good job cap you won" I joke, not amused they both just look at me. "Y/n why were you at Steve's apartment?" Nat asks. I shrug going to say something before Brock interrupts us.

"Cap, Hill. They want you back at SHIELD"

"What the hell for?" "Yeah Give us a second" Steve says instead. I turn around and see a SHIELD agent walking up next to Brock with handcuffs, making my eyes widen. "Seriously? You actually believe the bullshit that I stole Government files?" I say

Brock sighs "Just come with us now, so we can settle this civilly" he says. I laugh "Last time I tried to do something civil my wind pipe was almost crushed so no, I am not coming with you" I say turning back to Nat who looks at me alarmed.