65

a/n: I'm not sure if I mentioned or need to mention it, but this story contains quite a bit of swearing :) Anyway, enjoy feel free to vote and comment. Also this chapter is mostly in the perspective of Dean, POV  toward the end.

"Sam are you still there?"

"... yea yeah I'm here.. have you heard anything about mom?" He asks. I frown watching as more STRIKE team agents leave the triskelion. "No... I didn't go to the hospital, I am going after Jess"

"Dean, please don't tell me you are going after them alone?" I roll my eyes, pressing the phone against my ear, as I load my gun, and zip up my bullet proof vest.

"I'm sure once they realise where I have gone, others will follow" I say curtly. He scoffs. "Do you at least know if Y/n is alright? or did you run off as soon as you could, like you always do" Sam says making me twitch. "Like I said I didn't go to the hospital so no, I don't know of Y/n's condition. And I didn't run. I just chose to be productive instead of sitting in another stupid waiting room" I shout.

He goes silent, "do you need any help?" Sam asks finally. Shaking my head I place the phone back in my lap. "No, I will be right just pass the news onto William" I say before hanging up and getting out of the car. Gun in hand I start walking, toward the building when I get slammed into a nearby wall, hand covering my mouth. I kick the person in the chest to push them back and then aim my gun at them.

"Woah, woah put the gun down James Bond, we are on the same team" Tony says coming next to me, as Clint puts his hands up. I roll my eyes and lower the gun. " 'bout time you lot showed up, now where is Jacob?" I ask. Jacob then walks out from behind Clint and Tony, sombre look on his face. Tilting my head I scoff "Please don't tell me you are getting cold feet?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No I can do this but-" "but what? you got a better plan? Y/n's gone, so we can't hack her phone without her password and you are here so lets go" I try going to walk but Clint just pushes me back against the wall, making me glare at the archer.

"But. We are sitting you out. You just saw your brother die and step sister fall unconscious. I am not allowing you to walk in running on grief and adrenaline" Clint says sternly. I laugh dryly. 

" You forgot to mention my mother, but I assume from the grim look on the broken arm cop, here that she didn't make it" I say nodding to Jacob who looks at me stunned. 

"You knew?" He asks. I raise a brow at him before looking at my feet. 

"No? I saw where the bullet hit, I knew she wasn't going to make it" I say before looking up sharply at Clint and Tony. "So, who gives you the fucking balls to tell me I can't do this? It's not an avengers level threat, if it was you done a god awful job at it since you have lost not one but 3 people, with my sister unconscious. So either help me or step aside as I am going to try get my my little sister back" I say getting up, and walking past them.

Pushing down, the pit of sadness that threatens to consume me I turn on my heels as I feel a hand on my shoulder, before softening. "Y/n?" I ask disbelief she smiles softly, eyes teary, before pulling me in for a hug. "I'm sorry about Amanda, Dean...but before I go, I need to warn you" She starts pulling away. "Jess, isn't herself so be careful" She says looking behind her, as the footsteps of the others enter earshot. I look at her confused "What do you mean?" She takes a deep breath

"She, was the one who killed Tommy, Dean. I don't know if she is aware of it or not. But be careful. I have to go now warn Steve and Nat that SHIELD is onto them. But stay safe and save her" She says before disappearing in an orange portal. I blink, dazed as I question whether she was actually there. Hopefully not as then her warning is true and my little sister is the one who killed our younger brother.

"fucking family" I mutter just as Clint, Tony and Jacob round the corner and come toward me. Standing up straight, I raise my chin in the air to seem unbothered which makes Tony roll his eyes. "Ok, JARVIS has intercepted the SHIELD AI, via Y/n's phone. Which I was able to get round the password... thank you for the faith in me by the way" He says slyly. Before looking back down at his phone. "Jessica is not here, she is being held at a seperate location? Not sure its not in the base level servers. So we need to get out of here before they spot us, and so I can find out this secondary location" Tony says turning around and walking away. I look toward Clint and Jacob. Stunned, Clint chuckles "You get used to it, anyway. I need to tell you that Jess-"

"Was the one to shoot Tommy?, yeah I know" I say shoving past him and walked straight to my car. When I get there Tony sends me a message with a new address of where we are staying.

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Y/n POV

30 minutes earlier

"AHH" I yell eyes instantly opening, and my body jerking forward. Quickly patting my body down I sigh relieved that, I am alive and I didn't actually get shot by an alien from 1995. "Good you're awake" A man, says I turn to him alarmed. He moves to the other side of the room and picks up a book. "Your eyes really turn green" He says nonchalant, before looking down at his book. I look down, and rub my eyes. "Where am I?" I ask he doesn't look up just wave a hand and a glass of water appears on the table next to me. "NewYork Sanctum, you've been here before" He says closing the book, and walking over to me. "How do you feel, any pain in your chest?" He asks. Remembering about my bullet wound I peer down my hospital gown... which I am not going to question. And see that there is no blood or wound.

"No... I feel fine. Who are you sorry?" I ask looking at him. He furrows his brows, before the door opens behind me. "This is Wong, he helped heal you" The ancient one says entering the room. I push back my hair from my face and look at her, calmly. "how long will I be stuck going back in forth between now and 1995?" I ask. She looks to Wong who shrugs. "As long as it takes for you to finish your business there, I suppose" She responds. I sigh, laying back down on the bed. "Where are my clothes?" I ask. Not getting a response, I roll my eyes, still laying down. "Get changed and we will talk after" She says before the door shuts, sitting up I notice the room empty with a suit sitting on the edge of my bed. I crawl over to suit and lift it up. And smirk, it is quite cool, if I'm being honest.

"Right so, question if I can't die then why do I feel like I nearly die every time?" I ask walking out into a separate room, now fully dressed in the combat suit. Wong turns to me, as the Ancient one reads a book.

"You do nearly die every time, we just intercept and protect your being from passing on. Tying it to us, we protect you" He says, "Uh huh" I nod not completely understanding but enough to move on. "Right... ok can you portal me to the hospital to check in on everyone?" I ask.  The Ancient One, finally turns her attention to me. "They aren't at the hospital anymore... Amanda didn't make it through her surgery. I'm sorry Y/n" She says sincerely. I feel the air sucked out of my lungs, and as if knowingly a chair appears underneath me as I slump into it, my hands coming to rest my head in my palms. "Its all my fault" I mumble into my hands. If I just stayed in a hotel and left Dean out of it, then Jess would not be kidnapped, Tommy would be alive and even Amanda would be alive.

"But I do need to portal you to Steve Rogers location, he and Natasha Romanoff are in danger. But first I will take you to Dean briefly" She says making me look up at her. I furrow my brows standing up. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask. She keeps her face expressionless and just walks toward me, "Because I know what is to come and I sympathise for you" She says before forming a portal. "Now.. be quick, we don't have much time" She says before I walk through and pull Dean into a hug as he notices me. "Y/n?"