66

A/n: Now back to our originally scheduled canon stuff from the film :)

After stepping through the portal again, I start walking to Nat and Steve or to where I think they will be. Somewhere in Camp Lehigh apparently. Walking through the gates I call Nat on my phone, seeing as the Ancient One somehow found it and put it in my suit's pocket. 

'The person you are trying to call is unavailable, please leave a message after the ...beep' The call fails, as I continue to walk through the camp, which now its night time and this place is quite deserted it is eerie and creepy.

'The person you are trying to call is unavailable, please leave a-' hanging up instead I use my phone as a flash light as I find a door that has had the lock smashed off of it. Picking up the lock I hope that I am not too late, quickly walking down the stairs feeling slightly relieved as I walk into rooms with lights turned on. Pocketing my phone I continue to walk through the room.

Noticing a SHIELD emblem on one of the walls, I feel slightly more comforted. Judging by the old symbol, and old filing system.. yes I had a brief look when I was walking past.. call it snooping but hey point is its outdated and leads me to believe this was one of the first SHIELD HQs. Walking through another room, with the door pushed open. I can't help my surprise expression when I see three portraits hanging on the wall.

"Howard Stark.." I trail off tilting my head as I notice the similarities between father and son. Turning to the other two portraits I recognize the other male as Colonel Chester Philips, Coulson taught me about him during his history lectures, moving on I stop at the female portrait. 

"Peggy freaking Carter" I mutter excited, she was not only Steve's sweetheart but the Aunt of Sharon Carter. And also one of the most influential SHIELD females agents, who Coulson also taught me about.

Remembering the urgency I walk through the empty shelves, coated in dust and cobwebs apart from a elevator? I almost chuckle at how easy it was to track Steve and Natasha, leaving the doors open and access to the elevator that leads to who knows where. Before accessing the elevator I look at the number pad and roll my eyes, before I shine my flashlight on the number pad directly and look at where the indents are most recently. "ok 4 numbers, just which order" I think, before just mashing random buttons and praying for the best.

In my defense, I have no gadgets on me, and this dumb phone is not programed to hack into elevators. So after about 5 attempts to my surprise the light goes green and the doors open. I smile and throw my hands up lightly "Yay" I cheer walking into the shaft and as soon as the doors shut it takes me down.

Hurry Up   I flinch looking up at the ceiling then around me, before whispering to myself "are you in my head?"

Air Strike has been sent you need to get them out of here  She says, I feel my eyes widen and heart rate accelerate "Well that's a new trick" I mutter as the elevator stops

"Hello?" I call walking out, before quickly ducking to the ground as Steve hurls his shield at me. Standing up I look behind me and watch as the shield bounces off the now blocked off elevator. Standing up I rush over to them "We need to get out of here" I say just as Nat is looking at her phone "Yeah we got a bogey Short range ballistic, 30 seconds tops" She reads, Steve looks to me, alarmed "Who fired it?" he asks. I look at him glumly "SHIELD" Turning away from them, I wait hopeful that a portal will appear.

"I am afraid, I have been stalling, Captain. Admit it, it's better this way" the computer/robot thing says. Just in time as a portal opens up, but before I can get them to walk through I am pulled down into a hole, with Nat and with Steve holding his SHIELD above us. 

"Fuck sake" I mutter which gets a glare from Steve. As we all grunt in pain as more debris falls on top of us. "You know a portal would be great right now" I mumble, to which a crackle of a portal is heard before we all drop into it and fall outside on some road. Still crouched on the ground with Steve holding his shield above us. I sigh relieved, moving out from under Steve I stand rotating my shoulders to ease the tension in them.

"w- how?" Steve asks lowering his shield, as standing up, helping Nat stand up as well. I shrug "We have to move, SHIELD will be sending in agents soon which will flood this road here" I say, pointing to the army camp which can be seen further down the road. Nat looks around before smirking at Steve "Rogers, lets see how well you go with stealing a car" She says, as Steve follows her gaze. Looking at her I point "I call shotgun" she rolls her eyes, before pushing me a few steps back and walking quickly to the car and stands by the passenger seat. I get to her side and pout "I called shotgun Tash" I whine. Steve rolls his eyes a playful smile on his face "Girls behave" he says. Making me turn to him a start laughing, cringing. Noticing the look shared between them I hold my hands up "Find, you two sort out your weird eye thing while I sit in the back" I say, as Steve gets the car door open and jump starts the car, allowing for us to unlock the other doors and climb in. When in the car Nat turns to me 

"Eye thing?" She questions, I shrug crossing my eyes at her "You know the eye thing, you' know you're normally better at this flirting gig" I say to which she goes to hit me but I dodge, laughing. Steve clears his throat and starts the car up and starts driving 

"So, who was the talking robot?" I ask breaking the silence. "Arnim Zola, Swiss Scientist worked with Red Skull" Steve recalls I nod leaning in between the front seats. "So how is he alive?" I question. "After WWII SHIELD recruited him, even though he was terminally ill they preserved his mind in the Zola Algorithm" Nat says. I nod "Isn't he hydra though?" I ask. Nat nods "Yeah turns out Hydra never died, they just grew inside of SHIELD" She says. I scrunch my face up "Like a parasite" I snide, she chuckles "more like reptile, he kept saying Cut off one head, two more shall take its place." She says I roll my eyes slumping into the backseat.

"So what does this algorithm do?" Steve shrugs looking into the mirror to look at me, "we aren't sure" he says. I make an o with my mouth, a newly found silence settling in between us. Before I then turn to Nat, eyes downcast "Amanda didn't make it" I say softly she turns with a gentle smile. "I'm sorry, she seemed like a nice women, Tommy seemed like a good kid as well" She adds. I nod looking out the window, crossing my arms over my chest. "She was and Tommy was a great kid" I add, remembering his still body and watching Jess pull the trigger into his already dead body. Looking back I look at Steve this time "Where are we going?"

"A friends place, hopefully he's willing to let us stay for a bit" he says before turning on the radio. Taking this as the sign to shut up I sit back and look out the window, before feeling my phone buzz. 

Dean: Jess is being held somewhere else, Tony's trying to find the location now, how are things?  Smiling I go to respond but Nat turns around "SHIELD are probably tracing all mobile messages so don't tell him where we are" Nodding I responds

Y/n: Sorry, I should have known.. let me know what you find. Its not going much better over here. Not sure when we can meet up soon though. SHIELD is on our trail. 

Dean: Alright, stay safe

Y/n: You too

Turning my phone off I sigh exhausted and drained, all I want is for this to be over, and to just stop running. 

A/n: Side comment, Moon Knight finale comes out tomorrow (for me at time of posting this) And I am so excited, what do you guys think of the show? Also I am watching Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness the day after which I am so excited for. 

Anyway hope you enjoyed this update, feel free to comment and vote :))