57

"This is Hill" Maria answers, "I need you here in DC, Deep Shadow Conditions" Fury orders. "Give me four hours" She responds, staying silent I look out the windows anxiously. "You have three, over" Fury says ending the call, as we drive away. 

"So you saw the list?" He asks. I nod "Its not good Nick" I say as we pull up at a red light. "I spoke with Pierce, tried to have him delay project insight, didn't go well" He admits. I look out my window at the police car, who parked next to us, looking at us weirdly. Following my gaze, he rolls down the window. "Want to see my lease" he asks. Moving the cops put their sirens on and drive away. Leaving me with an unsettling feeling in my stomach. "Nick, what are we going to do?" I ask, as we start driving. Taking a moment to think he goes to say something when a police car smashes into the side of the car. The air bags, release, as my head goes to smack into the dashboard. Jolting back as tires screech and more cop cars surround us, hitting our car on each side. Looking to Fury, pupils dilate I start patting him anxiously "Nick, Nick, come on" I say 

"Fractured detected" The cars AI responds, showing a hologram of where he has a fracture. "Recommend anaesthetic injection" the AI continues, grabbing the injection from a compartment I stab Fury with it as he leans back in shock, breathing heavily. Looking outside, I see that police and swat team surround us guns raised and pointed directly at us. "D.C. Metro Police dispatch shows no units in this area" The AI continues, I try to locate my phone and praying it wasn't badly damaged in the crash, feeling in it my back pocket I grasp it and quickly text Maria to hurry. I also send a rushed message to Dean telling him to lock down the apartment and delete all the files from my laptop. As I do this, Fury orders the car to get us the hell out of here.

I almost jump, when gun fire starts to rain down on us, speckling the bulletproof glass, and making my heart beat fasten. "Propulsion systems offline." The AI responds, "Then reboot it!" I yell. Feeling blood drip down the side of my face I look to Nick, who just looks out the window as the 'swat team' carry over a barricade, thing that is for sure going to break into our car.

"Warning Window integrity compromised" The AI responds, gritting my teeth, I shift into the back seat, so Nick can move to the passenger side. Reaching under the seat I grab hold of the gun and hold it steady ready in case they breach through the window.

"You think?" Fury says sarcastically, looking back at me concerned as he notices the blood on my face.

"How long to propulsion?" I ask to which the AI responds with its calculation, before a definite answer can be give then the window is hit by the SWATs device, and forces the SUV to tilt and shift, unprepared my head is thrown into the glass window, causing me to wince as the already wounded area is harshly smashed against the window. "Window integrity 31%. Deploying countermeasures."

"Hold that order!" Nick says, as the SUV is hit again, this time more prepared I hold myself steady so I don't hit my head. Looking to Nick, for answers his focus stays trained on the Driver seat window.

"Window integrity 19%. Offensive measures advised" The AI continue, I call his name to do something, but he just tells me and the AI to wait

Another hit, and as the glass becomes closer to shattering more officers advance toward the vehicle. Tightening my grip on the gun I realise his plan, and get ready. "Window integrity 1%" "Now!" Fury yells and a machine guns props up out of the glove box and just in time as the window shatters and the nearby officers starts shooting into the window, firing the machine gun, Fury takes all of the officers even blowing up one of the SWAT cars which then blows up the rest in a sort of domino effect. Not wanting to lean out in line of the machine gun I raise above the seat and start shooting the stray officers. "Propulsion systems now online" "finally" I mutter just as Fury orders the car to full accelerate and get us the hell out of here.