82

a/n: so the chapter I wrote and took forever to do ended up being so long that I had to split it into three chapters.

Also, I struggled to try to find a picture cover for this chapter, so sorry it's a bit bland. Anyway I hope you enjoy

"I have an idea," Clint says bursting into Nat's room, she looks over at him from her vanity, where she is applying her lip gloss

"About?" Nat asks, ignoring his excited look. He rolls his eyes walking over to her and placing the lip gloss out of her hand on the table

"On how we can help Y/n," He says, making her raise a brow, before looking down at the disregarded lip gloss. "How? She won't talk or let anyone in to see her besides Bruce"

"Well I have two ideas," Clint says flicking his hands in the air, as he gestures to a number one

"One, we invite her family over to talk to her," He says Nat scrunches up her face.

"Seeing as we had to forcibly take Y/n away from her Sister and her dad hates her and her brothers are still helping their younger sister heal. I would say that is a no" She says he nods

"I agree, which is why I have another plan"

"Which is?"

"I take her to see the family," He says, Nat looks at him contemplating before 

"You mean..-

-yes I spoke to Laura about Y/n, and she suggested we take her to the farm, the kids love her so it could help" Clint says, Nat nods

"But would Y/n want the kids to see her like that?" She asks, Clint goes to respond before Jarvis interrupts them

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Mr Stark is requesting you all to come down to the common room," The AI says making Nat and Clint share a look of confusion before making their way down.

"What is it Stark?" Steve asks walking into the room, Tony turns to them, whilst Bruce looks at them all over his raised teacup as he takes a sip.

"Hello to you to Cap" Tony rolls his eyes, Nat raises a brow unimpressed as she crosses her arms. Tony looks down at his phone before looking at them.

"So, I'm sure you have noticed that ever since Y/n has come home, she has not been doing well" he starts. Clint shares a look with Nat before Tony continues.

"But I have come up with an idea, which will be arriving within the hour," He says. Steve looks at him confused

"What have you done?" he asks

"All you need to know is we will be having a visitor from Tennessee coming soon, so... don't attack them?" Tony says 

"Are you going to tell us who?" Clint asks, feeling slightly annoyed that he won't need to bring Y/n home to his family now.

"His name is uh Harley Keener. Not much else to it, besides that he is close with Y/n" Tony says, Bruce raises a brow

"You-you're allowing a close male friend to come to see Y/n?" He asks, the premunition making everyone look at him. Tony scrunches his face up, before chuckling. Humming as he turns back and Clint and Nat are glaring daggers at him

"Dr Banner, Ms Hill is requesting you" Jarvis interrupts, making the man stand up checking his watch before frantically finishing his cup of tea and placing it in the sink. And going to make his way to Y/n's room, already running late.

"Wait Bruce" Nat calls, catching up to him, he turns to her. "Mind if I tag along?" she asks. He shakes his head

"I don't but, I don't want to make Y/n uncomfortable" He stammers as he reaches the elevator.

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

When they get there, Bruce turns to Nat before they enter. "Let me enter first, but I will warn you she doesn't talk much so don't be alarmed," He says offering a weak smile before knocking lightly on the door and pushing the door open, peeking his head in. Letting out a sigh before entering.

"Good Morning Y/n, sorry I'm late" He greets apologetically, moving swiftly in the room, moving to the table where he picks up his medical supplies which have not been touched or moved since the last time he was in here. Looking back at the doorway, he turns to the girl who sits on the edge of her bed staring out the window leading to her balcony, allowing her a view of New York.

"You have a visitor," He says softly as he sits next to her. She frowns slightly, before turning to look at him. He nods reassuringly. As Nat enters the room silently, walking in Y/n's line of sight she can't help but flinch at the sight of her.

"Hey Y/n" She greets quirking her lip into a brief smile, as Y/n lifts her tired eyes to meet hers, before looking back out the window. Bruce looks to Nat apologetically, before taking out a fresh bandage, and with the aid of Y/n who pulls down her shirt so her bandaged chest is shown, Bruce silently changes the bandage. Whilst Nat watches sympathetically.

"How have you been Y/n?" Nat asks, making Bruce look up at her cautiously. Y/n lets go of her shirt after Bruce is done and lets out a sigh. Before moving her hand to the unoccupied space and patting it, she gestured for Nat to sit next to her. Shocked Nat looks to Bruce who nods reassuringly. 

When Nat sits next to her, Y/n looks down at her briefly before squinting at something on her bedside table. Standing she walks over and picks something up before returning to her seat and passing it to Nat. Nat stares at the picture in her hand, it is of her, Clint, Coulson, Maria, Fury and Y/n. Smiling and laughing at something Clint said. Y/n looks at the photo and smiles briefly.

"I'm ok," She says, voice soft and delicate. Nat flicks her eyes up to her, but Y/n continues to look at the photo. Bruce nods his head at Nat to respond. 

"That's good to hear, did you want to do something today?" She asks. Y/n takes the picture from Nat's hand and traces her finger over the happy and smiling younger version of herself. 

"I'm going to talk with the Ancient One today, but maybe later," She says looking over at Nat, who stares back unsure what to do. Before placing a hand on her hand

"Did you want me to come with you?" She asks, Y/n stares at her hand before pulling away shaking her head.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Nat asks, Bruce looks at her warningly. Y/n looks to her irritation starting to etch itself between her brows. Before huffing out a chuckle

"When does that even matter? It has to be done" She says standing up, discarding the photo on the bed behind her as she moves to Bruce a small smile on her face, even though Nat could tell it was forced as the smile didn't reach her eyes or make her eyebrows crinkle, as her usual smile does. 

"Thank you, Bruce," She says taking hold of Bruce's hand before dropping it and walking into her bathroom, shutting the door behind her. Nat and Bruce are left in the room shocked and confused. 

"Should I do something?" Nat asks Bruce who looks down. 

"You heard her, when does it ever matter how we feel? It's a matter of getting the job done" He says fiddling with his hands. Nat looks at him sympathetically

"I'm sorry you feel that way Bruce," Nat says standing and along with Bruce, they leave the room. Allowing Y/n to re-enter the room, catching her breath and steadying her trembling, sleep-deprived body. 

A/n: Hope you enjoyed, not sure how I feel about it but oh well.