83

a/n: so this is part two of the long chapter which is cut into 3, let me know what you think.

Y/n POV

This was a mistake a huge fucking mistake I meant it when I said to Nat, that I needed to do this. But I don't want to... as JARVIS so kindly reminded me I haven't slept in over 48 hours, the only reason for my lack of sleep is due to music and stupid, haunting nightmares.

I suppose calling it a nightmare is being optimistic since I lived it. And my lack of sleep and energy when paired with the social nature of the streets of New York is chaotic. I can't make sense of the things around me, I had to squint for 20 seconds to figure out if the light turned green or red.

Plus I look like a hobo. I tried to dress normal looking... by putting on a pair of jeans, a long tee shirt and a zip-up hoodie over the top. Walking (more like drunkenly walking without the drunk part) I finally made it to the New York Sanctum. Before I can knock on the door, or even turn the handle, the doors open with an unamused Ancient One staring right at me.

I squint clenching my jaw as memories flash through my mind from when HYDRA questioned me about them. "Y/n Hill, come in," She says before we appear inside in a separate room. I roll my eyes sitting back expectedly into a couch, which thankfully there was one.

"I'm surprised you have come so soon," She said, I shrug looking around the room. She squints at me before sighing. 

"I would apologise for what happened, but I did tell you, you are needed so at least you knew you weren't going to die," She says making me snap to her, rage coursing through me.

"You think that helped?!" I say my fingers digging into the pale flesh on my knee. She stays silent allowing me to continue. 

"They figured that one out, given the number of public sightings of my newfound talent of evading death" She stares at me no emotion showing, making me more frustrated. 

"They tried, they tried so hard to prove themselves wrong. To see if I could die and by how" I say leaning back into the chair.

"I suppose I have you to thank for keeping me alive, after each relentless attempt to end my life" At this she stops.

"I wasn't the one protecting you," She says making me go silent, she raises a brow.

"I know they used the mind stone on you again," She says making me look down avoiding her look. "I also know you finally connected with them" She trails off.

"Them?" I question looking up, she tilts her head. "Or has Malvolia, kept you to herself?" She questions, feeling myself falter as my eyes flick to her black ones.

"There she is" The Ancient One greets. "You know me?" Mal says a teasing smirk on my face, as I cower behind her.

"I know of you and the others, I'm surprised you are even showing yourself to me" Mal rolls her eyes 

"I mean you were bound to see me eventually, might as well get the introduction out of the way" The Ancient One smirks nodding in agreement. 

"Let her back out," She says, making my eyes flick back to my e/c 

"You know Mal?" I question, pressing my palm into my forehead rubbing it soothingly.

"Just like I know you" I push my hands onto the couch "Stop being cryptic and tell me what the hell is going on with me" I yell, feeling my eyes flick once more but remain my e/c eyes.

The doors open and Wong enters the room his nose in a book, as he wanders through. 

"The mind stone, as we know connected you to a version of yourself in another reality. But it also seems it allowed other versions of you in other realities to connect with you" He says looking up as he shuts the book. 

"And although you were unaware of these ties, the second you were in contact with the mind stone again, these ties became more prominent thus allowing you to become aware of your alters, such as Malvolia" He continues

"So Mal is me?"

'hell no'

"Yes, she is a version of Y/n L/n from a different reality". I frown

"Y/n L/n?"

"Your mum's maiden name is L/n" Wong deadpans, I nod allowing him to continue.

"So I'm another alter?" I ask he shrugs

"We can't be sure, but each alter is vastly different," he says

'Profusely different' Mal continues.

"So who am I in Mal's reality?" I ask. Wong shares a look with the Ancient One, who shakes her head.

"Not important right now, but 

--not important!?' Mal shouts in my head making me wince.

"What did you come here for?" The Ancient One says. I sigh.

"I came to apologise"

'Apologise?!'

"What for?" "For allowing Hydra to discover you, also for getting captured when I no doubt could have been continuing my work and helping people," I say defeatedly. Wong looks at me sadly before looking at the Ancient One who sighs

"Y/n, you don't need to apologise, nor shall you feel guilty for being taken for 3 months. That was crucial for your development and progress" She says making me jerk my head backwards

"You knew I was going to get kidnapped?" I ask

"Y/n I know of what is to come right up to when I die, but I cannot stop it merely help you so I can leave knowing you will be ok," She says. I open my mouth then close it unsure what is to say, as words escape me, feeling a gnawing pit at the bottom of my stomach, what more must I go through to better serve the universe?

After a moment of silence, I look up at her, "so you know what I went through?" I ask quietly, and she nods. I feel my eyes droop, my energy depleting. "How do I move past this," I ask, she sighs

"You will find peace and comfort soon," She says before remembering something "Also, soon you will have to go save another hero or heroes," She says making me look up at her, exhaustion evident in my features. 

"Who?" "I cannot tell you until the time, just know this will be in space and will be for a couple of months," She says making me nod

"Just your average Sunday," I say trying to lighten the mood

'It is Friday' Mal snides, making me roll my eyes

"Is that all?" I ask, and she nods "Unless you wanted to ask something else," She says imploring I shake my head

"Even if I did, I'm not sure I can process it," I say as the room shifts into the lobby of the Sanctum and an orange portal appears in front of me, making me look at her gratefully only to see Wong standing there with his hand out

"Thanks, Wong," I say, he nods as I walk through, walking into the Lobby of Avengers Tower.

"Welcome back Ms Hill" JARVIS greets, I let a sigh pass my lips at the familiar voice

"Hello, Jarvis" I greet walking through the room, feeling my thoughts weigh me down with each step and thoughts that bubble in my mind.

A/n: So Malvolia the (or one of the voices) in our heads finally is introduced. Thoughts?