26

The car ride to Tony's Malibu mansion was silent, for once we weren't bickering or making fun of each other, we just sat in silence, only the hum of the car engine could be heard as we drove to Tony's home.

"Can you uh stay with us? Just for now and for extra protection and plus keep you safe as well" Tony finally breaks the silence as we pull up in his driveway. I turn and face him.

"Tony-

"Look I know it was stupid and reckless I regretted it after I did it alright?" he says getting out of the car. I follow after him, limping slightly on my sore leg.

"Upstairs there is a guest bedroom, use the shower in there and I will give you some spare clothes" Tony says walking down to his lab. I sigh, he is shutting himself away.

"Jarvis, can you lead me to the room he just mentioned" I say taking my time to slowly walk up the stairs.

"First door on your left Ms" I nod and open the door. Before I get in the shower I call Maria but it goes straight to voicemail.

"Hey Ria, just wanting to ask if you can give me another car? Mine got blown up, but just to check in I am fine, I am at Stark's house. Anyway talk to you soon" I hang up and undress hopping in the shower wincing when the water touches my stitches, and scratches on my face.

-time skip-

"Tony!" I here Pepper shouting. I look to Tony worried, I have been helping Tony with what happened last night. However I have not told him about Pepper and Aldrich.

"LAB" Tony yells. While he waits for Pepper to no doubt yell at him, I continue writing down everything I know and getting Jarvis to help me sort through files.

"How did you survive Hill?" Tony asks looking back at me. I look at him confused.

"The heat from the blast was in excess of 3, 000 degrees Celsius. Any subjects within 12.5 yards were vaporized instantly" Jarvis says. I furrow my brows confused.

"I'm not sure, the SHIELD uniform has implemented fire resistance material? That's the only thing I have that makes sense but even then I should-"

"well I am glad you're not dead" Tony says, I smile than cringe as I look at the virtual crime scene, and see myself sitting next to Happy holding his hand. 

"Talk to me Happy" Tony mutters. I look at where he was looking and look to Tony, who also notices and looks at it closer.

"When is a bomb not a bomb?" he asks. I then remember what I saw and go to tell him but. Fury calls me

"Give me a moment" I say to Tony who keeps working

"Director"

"You alright Agent?" He asks concerned. I smile softly

"Yeah its a miracle I am alive but anyway I have some information" I say

"creating a flight plan to Tennessee" I hear Jarvis say, making me confused.

"Right well, I want you to also work with Stark, since he has gotten himself involved in this now" Fury says, I nod, I hear a doorbell ring and share a look with Tony.

"Was that a door bell?" Fury asks.

"Yep, listen I will go check it out, but I will be in touch" I say hanging up

"Are we still at ding-dong?" Tony asks annoyed. I shrug

"We are supposed to be on total lockdown" Tony says banging on a table.