40

After contemplating and pacing around for what seems like forever, I decided to ask Frigga, for her advice and her help, with my apparent fractured mine.

How did Odin, even know that I had the Extremis? Did he know about my mind as well? Confusion and curiosity nags at my mind, and anger laces my steps as I walk.

through the corridors, down the stairs, turning right, through another hallway, down another stair case.

"mind seems fractured"

through another hallway, taking a left through a doorway

"traces of the mind stone"

Down the looming, haunting corridor, stopping when I reach my destination.

"Loki" I say bitter, my brows scrunched as I try to decipher the meaning behind the women's words.

"Y/n! You have returned!" Loki says closing a book and turning to face me from where he was perched against a wall.

"Did you know?" I ask, he hums confused

"no what?"

"The effects of the mind stone, did you know?" He shakes his head, moving so he is in front of me, the yellow glow of the cell wall separating us.

"To be honest with you pet, I didn't expect you to survive" he says, making my heart clench. I don't bother to correct him of the name, instead I place my hands instinctively over where I was stabbed.

"What have you discovered? He asks curious. I bring my gaze back to him.

"Your remedies can fix pretty much everything" I say lightly, talking about my EXTREMIS but he wouldn't know about that, I can tell he is even more confused as his face contorts in perplexity. 

"I am unsure" I say slumping my shoulders, allowing the tension to ease and my stance to loosen. "Every time I think I can get passed New York, it just comes back to the surface, taunting me" He looks at me remorseful, but calculating.

"You say I was not meant to survive? Then why am I here? Doctors have said those same words to my loved ones for the months I was comatose and yet here I am... I alive" I say laughing brokenly as I throw my arms to the side. He goes to say something but then closes his mouth

"If I'd had known of your pain and suffering I would have ensured to end your suffering then and there" Loki says instead, cold and brutal. I exhale and close my eyes for a moment trying to push the words away. I open and stare at him expressionless.

"Well learn from me, take a mental note. When you go to kill someone ensure they die" I say before walking off, my shoes clacking against the marble floor echoing around the walls, I walk passed all of the other prisoners ignoring their longing stares and murderous gazes. However when I hear footsteps and clatter behind me I turn and watch as guards and hustle new prisoners into cells. I turn my gaze back to the door and push it open and allowing it to shut behind me as I walk off, no more content then I was when I entered. 

««««««««««««««««««««««««««

I walk through the corridors, with sunlight peeking through the open arches, I had to ask several passing maids/fellow Asgardians where Thor is, and I am growing reckless and annoyed. I walk through on of the arches as it leads to an open balcony looking out onto the peaceful water which contrast greatly to the inner turmoil that is rioting inside my mind. I ease when I finally hear Thor's voice around the corner but when I turn I am greeted with Thor and Jane inches away from each other, leaning in and about to kiss. When they do kiss, I turn around and awkwardly stand there looking out of the view. After a a moment or so I turn around and walk closer to them and clear my throat.