25

"Yeah Ria, I got it. I am just going to research more on this Killian guy"

"N/n just be careful and don't get distracted"

"Distracted?"

"Look I know you just got out of a relationship, so just don't let your emotions take over. Also speaking of which Jacob keeps coming by and asking to talk to you" she says. I sigh

"Don't worry I get this done. And as of Jacob remove his access code to get in"

"We have, but he keeps sneaking in with other agents. Just deal with him please." I hum, noticing Pepper and Aldrich walking out of Stark Industries together. I frown as I see him lean in to kiss her. Then walk away to his car, Pepper stands there looking at Killian.

"Yeah ok Ria I will talk to you later" I say hanging up

Happy walks up and talks to her, but she just waves him off and walks after Killian and gets in his car.

I feel my gut turning, having gotten out of a toxic relationship I hope this is not what it seems. I note down the number plate and drive off after them, tailing them from behind.

-

-

I have been parked outside this bar for about 2 hours. I followed Killian and Pepper here where I presume they have had drinks and caught up. I glance at the time and sigh

"6:30, man I could be doing other things right now instead of waiting in a stupid car park" I mutter, pulling my laptop from the backseat and begin making a profile on Killian.

Knock Knock. I quickly shut my laptop and reach for my gun, sighing as I realized it was just Happy tapping on my window. I wind my window and look at the bar cautiously.

"Happy what are you doing?" I ask annoyed. He holds up take away and a coffee.

"I noticed you were also following Aldrich and because we have been here for 2 hours I thought you need something to eat" He says. I sigh taking the coffee and food.

"Thanks Hap, also what do you think of this?" I ask talking about Pepper

"I hope its just for a catchup" he says, the bar opens and they both walk out followed by the other shifty dude. I quickly open the back seat door and get Happy to hop in.

"what's happening?" Happy asks, I hush him as I watch Killian and Pepper kiss then wave goodbye as a Stark Industries employee arrives with her car. I frown and lock the doors so Happy can't get out and cause a scene.

"No" Happy gasps. I look at him sadly, but then once I see Killian head to his car, I ask Happy to leave.

"Y/n don't tell Tony, I will get to the bottom of this" He says, I nod not really paying attention

"Go home Happy" I say to him before  as I drive off after Killian.

after another hour of aimless driving my phone rings

"Hello?"