73

'Tony'

'Stop whining about metalhead'

'What's taking him so long?'

'How the fuck would I know, do I look telepathic?'

'I'm serious'

'so am I'

"Hill"

"Huh? Sorry what did you say" I ask, after hearing someone call my name, I turn around confused.

"How far away are you?" Steve repeats through the earpiece, making me facepalm, continuing I walk through the door and start making my way over to them

"Behind you" I mutter, watching as they turn around and look for me. Reaching them I nod toward the edge of the runway, before the opening to where the hele carriers are. "Plan?" I question. Steve just starts walking to the edge, making me and Sam share a look

"Just prevent these from getting in the air and operational" Steve calls, starting to run. I look at him alarmed and Sam and I start running after him.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad" Steve says, as Sam's wings activate and he jumps off of the edge, just as Steve does with his shield, ready to protect him. Instead of jumping I stop at the edge.

"Well what the hell am I suppose to do?"

Realizing the problem, Sam flies back and picks me up when he gets close enough. Muttering a thank you he flies us through the air, hesitantly I look down. "Sam put me down over there" I call over the wind, he goes to do so but we start to get shot out. Spinning Sam turns so I am facing away from the bullets.

"Hey Cap, we found those bad guys you were talking about" Sam says panicky trying to work out where to go. "You ok?" Steve asks, I go to answer but I feel my head fog up, vision fading.. no not now I can't go back in time just yet..

"Well we aren't dead yet" Sam says as he flies down then swoops back up avoiding the shots firing down on us. "... yet being the key word" I mumble.

After Sam tries to dodge, but his movements were too slow due to having to hold me, I then come up with a stupid idea.

"Sam How good are you at duck diving?" I ask shouting over the loudness of the wind and shots fired at us 

"What!?" Sam yells in my ear as I stare down at the long drop below me. Taking a breath I nod my head closing my eyes.

"Drop me"

"WHAT?" Sam yells again

'WHAT?"

'We'll be fine'

"You'll die?!" Sam yells back. Growing frustrated pat his arm that is holding me. "I am weighing you down, we will both die.. so after you drop me and avoid the shots, dive and catch me"

"What if I run out of time?"

"You won't"

"How do you know?"

"Because if you don't.."

"You're crazy" Sam mumbles, as his hold on me starts to ease

When his hold finally gives, and he lets go I cross my arms over my chest and fall, closing my eyes as I feel the air whir past me. Waiting for Sam to catch me again. When I don't hear him flying to me, I open my eyes slowly, watching as he flies toward me, sighing relived before he gets shots at making he have to fly away from me.

My heart drops, with Sam out of the picture for saving me, then I have to pray a portal will appear, and stop me from falling to my death. 

'Ok I'm taking ove-

'NO- wait'

Instead of the whir of a portal opening up, I hear the soaring of repulsors, accompanied by a red and gold flash flying toward me. Before grabbing my waist and stopping my rapid decent to the ground, instead taking me away from immediate danger and placing me down behind a jet. 

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Tony yells, his face plate sliding up, catching my breath I place one of my hands on my chest trying to steady my breathing. Tony places his armored hands on my shoulders, bringing my focus to him, where I see his suit is damaged and his face bruised and blood smeared from a cut on his cheek.

"What... happened to.. you?" I ask, he sighs, shoulders dropping. "You" he says simply, after catching his own breath. I chuckle "I had a plan", he scoffs.

"I'm sorry I ruined you premature death, you know we are kind of in the middle of a battle, so all teammates required.. can't have you slacking off" Tony he rambles smirking lightly, removing his hands from my shoulders. I raise a brow "all teammates? Head count, Ironman, Captain America, Black Widow and two non avengers.. that's not everyone" I snide. He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah well we were on a budget... you ok?" He asks, I nod "Is Jess safe?" He stiffens looking away from me, making me concerned.

"Tony?" humming he continues to avoid eye contact 

"What happened?"

"She... attacked me, some kind of short circuit device that froze my suit" he says knocking on his suits arc reactor. My eyes widen as I place my hand over the arc "What!? Are you ok?"

"Apart from a bruised ego, from being beat up by a 16 year old.. yeah I'm fine" he says. Before looking up at me, placing his own hand over mine. After a moment he clears his throat and turns around to the sound of gun fire, nodding his face plate sliding back down as he looks at me "Can I count on you to not, die?" he asks. I chuckle

"I will  try not to" I say, with a small smile, as we part ways. Standing I watch him fly off, joining Sam in shooting the hele carriers defense systems. Taking my guns in hand, I run along the landing strip, before the attention of some hydra/strike agents lands on me, meaning they start shooting and going after me. Rolling I dodge most of their bullets until they have to reload, standing I shoot at their shoulders immobilizing them while I run up and deal the final blow. A punch to the head to knock them out.

A shield appears in front of me, protecting me while more agents surround me. I look at thankfully at Steve who nods out of breath as he covers my back while I take on the guys in front of us. While keeping an eye out for a certain man with a metal arm.

a/n: Hopefully I haven't loss you all yet, again sorry for the delays. But we are slowly building up to the end of Captain America Winter Soldier.

What do you think so far?

Also should I keep going with this book? Or separate it into parts? like a series. Let me know.